My DFX is sick.

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm leaving on vacation unless than a week and I,m devastated because I can't take my machine :( About a week ago it started to act funny when pinpointing, almost like it was "shorting" out when I tried to pinpoint. Now it's just going haywire and is very unstable both in the audio and the display. I tried different batteries and even tried a different coil, no luck >:( Anyone ever experience this? The place I am going is in PA. and has tons of great places to detect. I just hope they can fix my baby. I wonder if I can rent a machine while mine is away??? I live in CT. It's going to SUCK without my DFX...............Rich.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
try to do a hard reset, turn the machine on, wait until it performs it's checks and then pull the battery out, wait a few seconds and then put it back in
hope this helps

OP
OP
richm

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer, tried it, no luck. Thanks for the info though........Rich

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
yourv still got a few days so get it down to the shop asap. and ask for express service.

sasnz

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's possible you could have a break in the coil lead :(

have had similar problems with my machine :'(

SS.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:

SS.

Yes, check the wire and the connection plug. Make sure you aren't using Lithium batteries. Take it out away from the house into the country or a park away from the city and check it. Sometimes nearby electrical interference will do this including cell phones and security systems.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
I recently had a similar problem with my Classis 5ID; this is the 2nd breakdown for me with less than 25 hours use.

OP
OP
richm

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it might be the electrical wires or train wires right next to my yard even though I never had a problem before, so I took it to a park far away that I've detected many times. It just went crazy, squealing, sputtering, display all over the place. I also changed the coil and battery but it did no good. :dontknow: I'm sending it directly to White's tomorrow along with the address I'm staying at and how long I will be there. Maybe I'll get lucky and receive it before I leave to come back home......Rich

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS.

Yes, check the wire and the connection plug. Make sure you aren't using Lithium batteries. Take it out away from the house into the country or a park away from the city and check it. Sometimes nearby electrical interference will do this including cell phones and security systems.

Good Luck,
Sandman
Electrical fences for live stock cause havoc with my XP Goldmaxx, are there any near you, also phone masts :dontknow:

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
I had the same 'sputtering' problem with mine, and the display would jump around, even with the coil in the air.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions