May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
So as the title says, since I got into detecting I've always wanted an excalibur II. I've never had the 1500 dollars to drop down on one without possibly of heading to divorce court if you know what I mean. I really dont like the idea of buying electronic equipment used. But here's my real question. Unless your a diver, has the equinox made the price of an excalibur an impossible pill to swallow. It seems like all the threads nowadays are about the equinox, the deus, or maybe the simplex. Looking at the minelab sub forum there are something like 1200 threads on the equinox vs 23 on the excal. I own the equinox so I understand how great a machine it is, hence my original question...is the excal mainly a divers detector. And is there a possibility that with the popularity of the equinox, would that drive down the price of the excal. Thanks for reading.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t own one but know a beach hunter that does. He kills it and doesn’t dive. Waste deep max.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they'll come off the price. Just a gut feeling.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the Excal gets a bit better depth (especially with a big aftermarket coil), but, the Equinox is better on the small targets such as stud earrings and fine linked chains. Unless I'm out in the surf or having the detector underwater a lot, I use the Equinox. It's lighter and gives me more info. The Excal is more of a turn on and go machine......wire it wide open and dig everything non-ferrous. With the Equinox, you usually have to make some adjustments to optimize.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got 2 of them. I doubt the price will come down, as,
they will still charge the same to fix them, when we break them. :BangHead:

I don't dive, but can be found occasionally, neck deep,
desperately trying to dig that target, as the hole gets deeper and
the tide is coming in... :BangHead:

It's not always easy, being a short person... :laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dream machine is one that decides on the best spot, drives itself there, digs only the good stuff and returns it to me! Just like a well trained dog!

OP
OP
D

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I was just thinking about a friend of mine who just got back from the Florida keys and he said equinoxes are pretty much all you see on the beaches down there. Seems like the equinox has got to be putting a major dent on excal sales. That's why I was wondering if they might lower that 1500 dollar price tag. Maybe I have it the wrong way around...maybe they'll end up raising the price of equinoxes. One day if I find enough gold rings with my equinox, I'll get one. Unless something else comes out by then that I like better:happysmiley:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got a few friends that do dive with the Nox's, no more then 10 feet and have been fine. The big thing, the 3 year warranty covers you. The excalibur is a great machine but the Nox is better for the average hunter I believe. As far as the price of the excalibur you would figure with so much competition they would make a adjustment but the prices has never dropped. A few years ago they were 1299.oo ...now 1499.oo 1 year warranty.

And I would almost bet this is the sales ratio...

1200 threads on the equinox vs 23 on the excal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions