My dump bank loves me!

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
dumped some halves yesterday and one of the tellers says "hey, Jane has some silver dollars for you".....at this point i was totally geeked. Alas they were all Ikes, but I'm happy with the fact that they knew to save them for me. It wasn't just one or 2, it was $27 that someone had brought in and wouldn't fit in the coin counter.

I'm going to have to take them some doughnuts today I think

Upvote 0

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
On Tuesday I was off. Went around dumping and picking a few boxes and CWR's to tied me over till this weekend. At one bank, I asked for CWR of cents and nickels. Teller said all she had was $10 in cents. As she was handing them to me she said she had these coins that "no one wanted". Looking at them, 3 Kennedy halves, I saw at least one was silver. I told her I would take them off her hand. I just put them in my pocket til I got outside. Once in the car I looked at them. Two 90% and one 40%.
Not bad, $30 in silver for $1.50.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
My bank too has a heart of gold and has hoocked me up on several occassions.

Golden Silver

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
my one bank right now has about 990 in IKEs should I be jumping on them? I mean they aren't silver...and they are almost at a point to send them back to the mint...I'm not sure I'd want to tie my cash flow up from searching halves messing with IKEs, but if they had one silver dollar in the mix it would be worth it right? the other issue is you can dump halves in a coin sorter- the big IKEs you'd be stuck rolling... hum.... :BangHead:

what would you guys do?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Ikes...Yes GO GET THEM! In that quantity you can sell for a profit. I have done it. I sold in bulk on ebay and did pretty good. I also like to use them as tips and watch peoples reactions. Plus there could be S mint 40% Ikes. Go get em!!

Golden Silver

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Monday I'll be there :) - i'll let you know how it works out. what does the profit margin look like for them? how much can you get for a big dollar?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
A lot of 20 regular Ikes sold for 35$ a few minutes ago on ebay. If you could sell the entire lot for 1.75 like this lot then you would stand to make a very nice profit indeed. My advice is place it on ebay with a very low .99 start bid and no reserve price. Trust me that will grab peoples attention. I always offered free shipping, insurance and delivery confirmation which gets even more attention. PM me and I can give you more advice. You are looking at possibly a $700 profit if you can snag a bidder. PM me once you get them. If you change your mind, you can always spend them like normal cash or dump them at your dump bank. It is def. worth a shot. Good luck.

Golden Silver

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I just sold 50 of them for $2.00 each to a guy off of Craig's list where I live. Had other bids of $1.40 each, not bad profit for just a couple of days holding them. I try to buy as many as I can find. Besides they make a great tip item when you need to tip.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
mfitzy111 said:
my one bank right now has about 990 in IKEs should I be jumping on them? I mean they aren't silver...and they are almost at a point to send them back to the mint...I'm not sure I'd want to tie my cash flow up from searching halves messing with IKEs, but if they had one silver dollar in the mix it would be worth it right? the other issue is you can dump halves in a coin sorter- the big IKEs you'd be stuck rolling... hum.... :BangHead:

what would you guys do?

To me, that is a no-brainer.

Even if you can't buy all of them in one transaction, at least go buy $250 at a time. They are easy to dump.

The only Peace dollar I ever scored at a bank was when a woman cashed in her Ikes, and cashed a Peace with them.

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
cool thanks for the info all. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread