My ebay purchase arrived damaged. What should I expect?

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I once received a tube type amplifier that the seller just stuck the thing in a box and shipped it to me.Needless to say it
had a rattle noise when I picked the thing up.I knew the tubes were broke without even opening it.I took it back
unopened and filed a claim with U.S.P.S..I had to give the package to them along with a receipt of my transaction.
It took over 6 weeks,but they sent me a check for the price I paid,minus the shipping.I did try to contact the seller who
never returned my reply.Thus I gave him a big negative and why I did it.I wish I could tell you exactly why U.S.P.S.
paid,but I can't recall why..I would contact the seller if possible,whom will probably say not his fault.Then the post office.then
PayPal if you paid through them..PayPal insures your purchase but you have to go through their dispute system to do it.
Ebay also insures your purchase..And they also have a dispute process.Lastly if you paid by credit card you can file a chargeback.
Putting the charge back on the seller.The sellers fault for not insuring the package.

Last edited:

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
Buyers are gonna have to start taking photos of their boxes before shipping them off before long, sounds crazy don't it..

After having a complaint about damage during shipment, I started taking pictures of fragile shipments of how it was packed. Haven't had to use them yet - either I have been fortunate with not having USPS crunching the boxes or maybe I am subconsciously packing better, knowing their is photographic evidence!

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
UPDATE:

The seller and I agreed to a partial refund, which was my proposal. I probably lost $5 or $10 on the deal, but I'm happy enough with the end result.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE:

The seller and I agreed to a partial refund, which was my proposal. I probably lost $5 or $10 on the deal, but I'm happy enough with the end result.

Glad it worked out for you.

I once bought a Sherline cnc mini-mill. It looked like it got dragged behind the UPS truck from Colorado. On top of that, there was hardly any packing material at all. I refused the box and the seller wanted to refund everything but the shipping. Sorry dude, I'm not taking a $70 loss for something I'm not responsible for. I had to open an Ebay case and of course they sided with me.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it worked out for you. I do take pictures of big things normally, because of past experiences.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread