my equestion days

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
these are some of the horses I rode during my bid for a seat on the US Olympic squad bid I made the B team but had a serious accident that ended my ridding first was an Argentine thorbread named Bon Chance the second is a Percheron/thorbread, Named Prime time. both were ownd by me. I did get to ride many others owned by some movie actors, Paying for it now in terms of motor loss but----ah the memories (the last picture was taken from a photo I had)and yes i had hair then LOL >:(

Attachments

• ptcopy.JPG
    ptcopy.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 266
  • jump.JPG
    jump.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 270
  • bo copy.JPG
    bo copy.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 263

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
They are sure beautiful horses Bill. I'm sure you loved it. I've only ridden once and it was a guided trail trip. Not much fun. Hope all is well!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
My wife has two horses...

They eat and they poop.

Wow man! Olympics "B" Team is serious stuff! Congratulations on that!
I'm sorry to hear it didnt work out and you're no longer riding.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
beautiful horses you had there and obviously you are very talented as well! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some great memories, thanks for sharing.
I rode for pleasure, & working cattle on the farm years ago.

Fossis.............

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I adore horses, thanks for sharing bill.. they are magnificent animals.. My sons gf has two.. She does the show horse thing too.. tons of ribbons shes got..but the two horses shes have are divine, ones a gray arabian ( former race horse named Danny) whom I adoreeeeeeeeeeeee, I have a thing for grays.. I just love em.. and the other is chestnut hes a bit spirited but a beaut as well.. everytime my son goes and helps her in the barn, after hes done cleaning the stalls and feeding them, when billy goes to fill the water thingy for him, he deliberately knocks it over....its like a game between the two and usually billy gets all wet... or after hes done grooming him... the chestnut one turns round like oh yea, watch this..goes out in the pasture to where the one dirt spot is...falls n rolls ...lol.... but they are so funny, when the school bus comes, those horses know their girls are comming home..and go racing up to the end of the fence to wait for em.. dumb animals huh.... I just love em...

thanks for sharing Bill

OP
OP
bill gent

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Yea horses are worse then kids always getting in trouble the chestnut one used to stick his head through his stall window while i sat on the tack trunk and would rest his head on my soulder when we used to trailer him in the big rig he would always escape the stall and wind up sticking his head out the side loading gate as we went down the highway out of all the horses I owned i liked him the best and ive owned a few

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, thanks for sharing these with us. I love horses too, had my share of broken bones.

;) RR

OP
OP
bill gent

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
don't even want to know what my toes look like
but I'm such a handsom-looking devil huh LOL
can somebody rewind my clock, please

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Willy!? I didn't know this about you. This is great stuff. :o

Thanks for sharing some of your memories with us. Take care! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions