my farm stuff

tomsneck

Feb 15, 2007
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
Pretty dismal day here in the northeast so I thought I'd cheer myself up by sharing most of the rest of my things. The first pic is my first point ever found. I was scouting with some friend for good hunting spots and happened to look down. My eyes haven't looked up since(except when hunting). The second is one of my favorite finds from our property, I was planting perenials and scooped out some dirt to pop in a butterfly bush and this practicly fell into my hand. The third pic is my biggest heart breaker(so well worked and so thin). The rest explains itself, I really like the two drills. Well I hope the weather is better where you are!

colin

Attachments

• farm4.jpg
    farm4.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 456
  • farm5.jpg
    farm5.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 454
  • farm2.jpg
    farm2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 450
  • farm3.jpg
    farm3.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 450
  • farm1.jpg
    farm1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 447
Upvote 0

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Nice finds Tomsneck! I have yet to find anything on my property. I always keep an eye out though. My place used to be part of a big tobacco base years ago. I've heard that many artifacts were found here. I told my wife that I needed to till the back yard up. She wasn't very happy with that idea.

Good luck!

texasriverdigger

Mar 10, 2007
Freeport Texas
You have found some nice pieces Tomsneck, I think I would look forward to planting more perenials this spring and who nows might have to get a BIG Tiller so you can plant the whoooooole yard?? ::)LOL Thanks for sharing.. Mike

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, spring is here in full bloom in Oklahoma,

It came early this year, every thing is beautiful, blossoms everywhere, bees buzzing, people looking for Artifacts,
except me , but getting out soon, have been metal detecting a lot. HH, Fossis................

T

TreasureTales

Very nice collection. The first point is always special - like the first kiss. LOL

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
Tomsneck,would have to agree about the weather.We are getting dumped on right now.Just got about 8 inches last night.Managed to make it out the day before yesterday as we had a short thaw.Walked back in along a stream with the hopes of finding a sun cleared bank.Had some luck as there was some snow-less ground which is saying alot considering most of the ground has a foot of snow on it.Did not find much a tip of a blade and a bunch of debitage.But I did find some more broken quartz both the white and the more transparent stuff.Havent found any blades yet but in seeing your pics, I can tell its only a matter of time.From time to time I come across quartz debitage in various areas but never the whole enchilada.Are you finding those tavern pipe pieces in the same area as your artifacts? I have found some pieces where I surface hunt.

OP
OP
tomsneck

tomsneck

Feb 15, 2007
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
Adena_man said:
Nice finds Tomsneck! I have yet to find anything on my property. I always keep an eye out though. My place used to be part of a big tobacco base years ago. I've heard that many artifacts were found here. I told my wife that I needed to till the back yard up. She wasn't very happy with that idea.

Good luck!

build her some nice flower beds( and if you have to sift the soil oh well).
thanks for looking

OP
OP
tomsneck

tomsneck

Feb 15, 2007
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
texasriverdigger said:
You have found some nice pieces Tomsneck, I think I would look forward to planting more perenials this spring and who nows might have to get a BIG Tiller so you can plant the whoooooole yard?? ::)LOL Thanks for sharing.. Mike

Your welcome. I'm actually repairing my tiller as we speak. Thanks for the look.

colin

OP
OP
tomsneck

tomsneck

Feb 15, 2007
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
fossis said:
Nice finds, spring is here in full bloom in Oklahoma,

It came early this year, every thing is beautiful, blossoms everywhere, bees buzzing, people looking for Artifacts,
except me , but getting out soon, have been metal detecting a lot. HH, Fossis................

Were starting to see the signs here too. If you pay enough attention(birds are the best indicator of spring). thanks fossis

colin

OP
OP
tomsneck

tomsneck

Feb 15, 2007
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
jbl04410 said:
Tomsneck,would have to agree about the weather.We are getting dumped on right now.Just got about 8 inches last night.Managed to make it out the day before yesterday as we had a short thaw.Walked back in along a stream with the hopes of finding a sun cleared bank.Had some luck as there was some snow-less ground which is saying alot considering most of the ground has a foot of snow on it.Did not find much a tip of a blade and a bunch of debitage.But I did find some more broken quartz both the white and the more transparent stuff.Havent found any blades yet but in seeing your pics, I can tell its only a matter of time.From time to time I come across quartz debitage in various areas but never the whole enchilada.Are you finding those tavern pipe pieces in the same area as your artifacts? I have found some pieces where I surface hunt.

Yes, sort of . It was from a midden area that I think my ancestors added too. Snow yesterdat raining like heck today(sideways rain).

thanks for checking my stuff out jbl
colin

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
tomsneck said:
Pretty dismal day here in the northeast so I thought I'd cheer myself up by sharing most of the rest of my things. The first pic is my first point ever found. I was scouting with some friend for good hunting spots and happened to look down. My eyes haven't looked up since(except when hunting). The second is one of my favorite finds from our property, I was planting perenials and scooped out some dirt to pop in a butterfly bush and this practicly fell into my hand. The third pic is my biggest heart breaker(so well worked and so thin). The rest explains itself, I really like the two drills. Well I hope the weather is better where you are!

colin
;D wow some nice farm finds, i do most of my huntin down on the farm .I really like those quartz points . i have a few great huntin and best of luck ohioriver hunter

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Nice finds ! I always enjoy veiwing arrowheads from the Northeast, maybe because Im much more familar with the styles and materials they are made from. Most you have shown look like they came out of the same fields I look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread