Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
DJ_Quinn said:
Wow! That's a beauty. No hallmarks?

Not a mark on it. I found it not far from the Mormon trail. But I'm leaning more towards a lost from the mid 40 early 50 because of some other items I found in the area. The other items where only down about 3" or so.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Thanks everyone. Be persistent and it’ll pay off.

Hi gypsheart.

I didn’t actually hunt on the Mormon Trail. I meant that the Mormon Trail is not far from the place I hunted. I found this Buzz Henry Ranger Cap Pistol about 10 yards away from the ring. Ranger was Gene Autrey’s horse, like Silver was Roy Rodger’s horse (just thought I’d add that). The cap pistol was down about 3 inches of soil and about 4 of pine needles, 7” total.

I found the ring 10 yards away in a clearing. It came out of the ground as solid ball of rock and clay. I rubbed and broke the clod apart until all I could see was the edge of the band. I said to myself, this looks like a piece of brass pipe. So I decided to poke my screwdriver through the center of the brass pipe. When I did, the center was knocked out and it looked just like you see on the inside of the band in that picture. Then I knew instantly that it was gold. The only thing I’ve done to it is scrubbed it with a toothbrush in an ammonia solution.

The area caught my attention because it looked like an old logging road intersection. I found another modern day junk ring in the area and lots of bottle caps with cork seals, most of the bottle caps where down 3 to 4 “. Nothing other than that, I’d say only hunted the area about 4 hours.

P.S. I added the small knife pistol and the die cast miniature pistol for fun, they where not found with the BH Cap Pistol.

HH to all.

Attachments

• Pistol BH 2.JPG
    Pistol BH 2.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,165
  • Pistol BH.JPG
    Pistol BH.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,174

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome Finds !

Ring must be Hand Made being there is no Mark.

Maby Gold Rush Period ;)

Congrats !

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Way too cool on those finds. Ring looks like it would fit my finger....(just a thought LOL).

HH.........Annmarie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions