Attachments

• cobb.jpg
    cobb.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 478
Upvote 0
P

pickaway

Re: my favorite Cobb's knife

Nice find you Cincinnati guys are popping up everywhere i need to get down that way.Congrats on the find

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007

moundbuilder said:
personal find from Northern Kentucky, early Archaic and made from Sonora flint. The kicker is that 2 idiots hunted this site the day before me; drove by and saw them walking it hard. The next day I went back to see if they missed anything and walked right up on this laying flat out near a bootprint... unbelievable. -moundbuilder
I hope I wasn,t the idiot there the day before.lol That is why I usually hunt alone. I have stepped in behind and found them literally right in their tracks and nearly had to fight to keep em.lol
Jeff

A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

One thing is for sure. You never find them all. You can hunt a site for years and still find good stuff. When walking the lakeshore things will appear as if by magic in the time it takes to walk down the shore and then back again....also different angles of lighting play a big part in seeing what is there.

Excellent blade for sure, and yep it does make you feel good to find something someone else missed. ;)

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis 8)

OP
OP
moundbuilder

moundbuilder

Dec 19, 2007
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE White's XL Pro Treasure Mate Pinpointer Nikon

ohioriver hunter said:
moundbuilder said:
personal find from Northern Kentucky, early Archaic and made from Sonora flint. The kicker is that 2 idiots hunted this site the day before me; drove by and saw them walking it hard. The next day I went back to see if they missed anything and walked right up on this laying flat out near a bootprint... unbelievable. -moundbuilder
I hope I wasn,t the idiot there the day before.lol That is why I usually hunt alone. I have stepped in behind and found them literally right in their tracks and nearly had to fight to keep em.lol
Jeff

I doubt it, you would have seen it :). I should be a bit nicer and clear up what I meant by "idiot" - people who hunt sites in planted or muddy conditions with no regard or respect to the landowners who try to make a living farming then get courteous, ethical hunters kicked off of the site. -MB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions