My favorite fine today

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up these items at an estate sale ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438030344.184720.jpg and my best fine for today would be the pin/pendant 22k-14k and sterling silver very nice detail work. Called abstract View made by Alexa Peter. Just can't find any pricing on it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438030465.456205.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438030478.147924.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438030492.371377.jpg Thanks for looking

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your piece was made by Alexa, and Peter Smarsh.

(upscale jewelers that work the craft show circuit).

Nice find.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea what their pieces sell for

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I love signedpirces

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny that there are plenty of their jewelry photos to be found online but none are shown as sold or as for sale. They must have retired or gone on to a different venture. They are in their 60's. Their website is no longer active. I doubt their contact info is either. This is the newest info. I could find on them. I don't know if the phone number is any good but you can try it- Smarsh, Alex & Peter :

It's a very nice piece and their stuff is all handmade. Here is a little something-

"I, ( Alexa ), am the enamelist and Peter, my husband, is the metalsmith / goldsmith.
Eventually my love of enamelling lead to the small cloisonne enamel pieces framed as jewelry that Peter and I create today.
Once I've finished an enamel piece Peter fabricates a Karat gold or Sterling silver setting.We consider his settings to be the finishing "frames" for each of my enamel art works.All his work is fabricated by hand - no castings.Each piece is cut using hand saws then formed and forged with mallets and hammers, and finally, assembled using multiple torch solderings.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I read some thing I tried to look at their website but as you said it's not working I was wondering if I might be able to catch them at an art fair if they're still doing knows maybe I'll try to email to see if I get a response

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an update spoke with alexa Smarsh on the phone and she said to email her a picture which I have done waiting on a reply she will give me a description of what it is and she will try to date it she says back then when they were made they were selling for A round $750 and higher i'll keep you posted thanks

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still no reply to the email wondering if I should send her a text with pictures or try another email I don't want to be pasty what do y'all think

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update here's a email I got
About $350.00 maybe more..completely hand fabricated.. Alexa enamelist and Peter metalsmith..gold wires 24 kt for glass enameling. Enamels from company named bovano who imported grit enamels from Europe...crystalline de St. Pàul enamels in fine ground up consistency. ..all similar to faberge enamels, Cartier , lalique. They all enameled too we won many awards on our work. Ty. Alexa any other questions just ask me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread