yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckily we didn't get any of the snow that the North East is still getting- Dang! Thought I'd post a piece of rose quartz I've had since I was very little. I've been writing some short stories inspired by rocks I've seen, found- or been given in this case called Life Rocks... pun intended. Thanks for looking ;) Yakker
Anyone else have a favorite they've had for a long, long time?

0122151346a.jpg

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Here you go Yakker's
believe this little stone is one of my favorite stone finds ,..from a long long time ago . about 40 yrs ago, I was about 13-14 yrs old?? I found it, hiking up too an old mica mine [spotted dog ?] in the N.T. Australia . anyway , going up this hill I noticed a bit of shine on the ground about 10 ft. below me , hopped down have a look , turned out to be a small spill/blow-out from a pegmatite . I picked up maybe 10-20 pieces of quartz all sharp&clear crystals , few with a bit of amethyst color, .. this little fella had maybe the best color and was the only double termination .I didn't spend more then 3-5 min at this spot .Anyway , not really a note-worthy find for the time,. but today gives me "good good vibrations" ,. just thinking about it .
Thanks,. Blindpig

Attachments

• DSC07849cr729x1189.jpg
    DSC07849cr729x1189.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN1829.JPG
I found this big honkin' trilobite, although incomplete in upstate N.Y on a fossil hunting trip when I was about 12 or 13, been carrying it around with many moves since 1959 or 1960. Dang, I'm gettin' on in years, but not as old as this boy.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blindpig- that piece is amazing- (wish the pic were a little clearer, 'cause it really is pretty)
and
Gunsil- that's a long time to be hauling a thing around. I have 2 shorties on that- one is that I lugged around a flimsy Christmas-wrapped box and lid containing my childhood collection until the bottom caved- during yet another move... Another is when I rode my bike through S. Dakota, stopping in the Black Hills. It had just rained hard the day before, but the days were hot and the ground dried quick. I stopped to try to see bison somewhere off in the far distance and couldn't, but did notice all sorts of pretty rocks perched up on pillars of dry mud everywhere. I pulled out more than 1/2 my clothes (which were dirty anyway), stuffing them in my jacket for later disposal- as I was on my way home anyway. Made enough room for a LOT agates and rose quartz. Actually had to re-pack to equalize the weight dist. I have some acquaintances who remember me by that story- 'Yer the one who tossed 1/2 yer pannier load for rocks, right?!'... yup... that would be me. 8-) Yakker

Some of the rocks I brought home:

0128151157.jpg 0128151159.jpg
and some more, softer agates

0128151204a.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The first rose quartz is facet grade, very nice!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh thanks EU_... honestly I never even considered that... (Dope smack!)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread