My favorite site is being seeded with coins right now.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
There is a rodeo park in a nearby town. I have hunted it several times and each time I found lots of clad. It is so cool because there is little litter and almost all of the coins were within an inch of the surface. I would say that about 30% were on the surface with a little dead vegetation covering them. Well anyhow they are having a rodeo this weekend!! I just came from there. It was my first time. When I hunted it I thought the area where the electrical hookups were was where RV's parked. But tonight I noticed that it is actually where all the vendors were. This makes sense. There was a building that I thought was where they sold drinks and snacks but actually it was just the announcers station. All of the cars and RV's and horse trailers parked across the street in a big field. I have not hunted that yet!!!! wahooo fresh pickins.

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea to scout that site RD! ;) NOW....you know exactly where to hunt! 8)

Good luck!!

;)

OP
OP
R

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Just got back from hunting for about 2 hours there and got 26 coins and a cheap ring. The ring has a red stone in it but I think it is a kids ring. Eight of the coins were quarters. Do you think the ring is real?

Attachments

• ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 320
A

Aguila

Don't you just love places like that? If you are land locked like I am, this would be the closest you can get (in terms of finding rings and jewelry) to a really neat beach hunt. HH and good luck...Aguila

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I hunted the rodeo grounds I found 13 matchbox cars buried near one of the grandstands. No idea who or why they were buried there in this unlikely place. But you are right it is a clad hunters dream. I always find lots of quarters for some reason. Monty

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sounds like a great site...
Continued good luck with it, & Happy hunting~

Jerxs

Apr 10, 2004
NEPA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for some markings on the innner band of the ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread