My February finds......

• Thread starter michigan michael
  • Start date
M

michigan michael

Sorry everyone, This is my first collection post. I found everything pictured during the month of February. This is a collection from many different public parks and fair grounds on the select warm days that keep coming and going here in Michigan. The I pod is a working i pod that I found in a park on top of the ground, next to a tree. The phone was on top of a melting snow hill. Battery was dead, unsure if it works or not. I found my first button... unsure what it really goes to. Suspect a woman's blazer or purse. A silver pendant of mother Mary was a real nice find and my first boot buckle, probably late 60's early 70's. Lastly a total of $21.01 in clad coins. Nothing old though.Well, the door knob is from a 1924 school site, so maybe. My wife told me to quit whining. She said I should be excited about the I POD. I guess and I am but still driven to find my first silver. :-\ There is also a misc assortment of keys, cotter pins, iron spikes, beer cans, and a bunch of items I do not have identification on yet.
Thanks for looking everyone :blob8:

Attachments

• total feb.jpg
    total feb.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 154
  • quarters.jpg
    quarters.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 150
  • pennies.jpg
    pennies.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 149
  • electronics.jpg
    electronics.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 150
  • dimesnnick.jpg
    dimesnnick.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 158
  • button,pendant.jpg
    button,pendant.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 149
  • door knob.jpg
    door knob.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 159

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Ipod and phone. Looks like you've been doing some serious hunting.

Good luck,
HH.

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Wow, some serious digging there. Looks good for this weekend. This is a good time of the year if you can find some thawed ground. Detector seems to go deeper too with all the wet ground.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, that is a lot of diggin for what lil bit of decent weather we've had. you're bound to find some old coin sooner or later diggin like that. HH

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are finding more stuff than I am and I'm in Florida! Have not found a good coin down here in 4+ months. Coming home to Michigan less than one month. Can't wait even with the lousy Northern Mi. weather that you all's getting. My wife did find a seated dime last week and a Tiffany & Co bracelet about a month ago. It retails for $275 on their on-line catalog.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of change! :thumbsup: Things must be a lot warmer on the east side of the state for all that digging. Nice job on the phone and those iPod shuffles retail for $50. Does it work?

HH

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Michiganne said:
Nice pile of change! :thumbsup: Things must be a lot warmer on the east side of the state for all that digging. Nice job on the phone and those iPod shuffles retail for $50. Does it work?

HH
Yeah a friend of my sons has one and she brought over the charger, we charged it and it fired right up. As far as temps, We have had 2 or three days in a roll close to 50 then it will drop down to freezing again for a week. It has been a little strange. Soupy mess then solid concrete.

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

mcinmich said:
Wow, some serious digging there. Looks good for this weekend. This is a good time of the year if you can find some thawed ground. Detector seems to go deeper too with all the wet ground.
I will be out this weekend! :thumbsup:cant wait

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread