My fiance cut my hair but the barber showed up anyway

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
On friday I went through 2 boxes of quarters and 4 boxes of dimes. The quarters ended up being a bust. I went through the first two boxes of dimes before having to leave to go play poker and had only found 2 silver rosies at the time. When done with poker I went back to doing the rest of my dimes. First box I did found a silver halfway through it then with 20 or so rolls left bam it hit. I opened the roll and immediately identified a old silver. I could tell by the aged look of the reeding. I figured it was a mercury so I separated some of the dimes to the right of the dime in the roll and peeked at it (i do this because I always hope for a barber) it and saw something different than I'm used to and was like you got to be kidding me. I then removed the rest of the dimes on the other side to reveal what would be my FIRST ever barber dime, a 1900 "s". After going through the rest of the boxes I end up with 6 rosies and 1 barber dime.
Thanks and gl and hh,
Frank

Sorry about the pics not being up and down...stupid phone.

Attachments

• IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 412
  • IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 411
Upvote 0

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice barber tank. :icon_thumleft:

Here's tank's barber in an easier to view format.

tank014sbarberdime.jpg

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Tank,
Nicely done. It's always a thrill to get a very old coin like that.
Congratulations,
rileyboy

Captaindoodle

Feb 10, 2008
Congrats on the Barber...I've found a Seated Half but never a Barber of any kind...still trying.

Although probably not appropriate...I can't resist...........

Frank the Tank!!!! Frank the Tank!!! Frank the Tank!!!

Oh well...kicking it "Old School".

HH,
CD

OP
OP
T

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
CardsNCoins said:
Nice barber tank. :icon_thumleft:

Here's tank's barber in an easier to view format.

tank014sbarberdime.jpg

Thank you for doing that. There if only so much I know how to do when posting using my phone. Also thanks everyone for the at a boys. You know it took me nearly 8 years to find my first barber and know I've found 2 in 2 consecutive months and I'm shocked. Thanks all.
Gl and hh,
Frank

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find tank. I love seeing those old reeded edges on coins, I hardly ever see them on dimes though. A barber is a great score, I am thrilled to find any mercury dimes let alone a barber. they are still out there, just have to be patient.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread