My Finds After Week #1 of Snipe-ing Brings Gold, Silver and a Load of Clad Coins!

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After that first bucket load of Snipe-ing paydirt that I loaded a week ago, I made a list of things that I would like to find as I screened the ugly, smelly contents of the coin operated auto vacs. This list included: GOLD, SILVER, DIAMONDS, PRE-1965 SILVER COINS, WHEATIES and a bunch of CLAD COINS. As of today, I have checked each of these items off that list. All in one week. I absolutely love Snipe-ing. It has given me the thrill of the hunt on my back porch. Yes, I still love metal detecting, but this is the spice one looks for to heat things up a bit. Check out the photos below to see what Snipe-ing brought to the coffers! Hope you consider trying this. Thanks for looking.

20130609_170025_resized.jpg DSCF4170.JPG 20130609_150507_resized.jpg 20130609_162425_resized(1).jpg 20130604_151909_resized.jpg 20130606_143001-1_resized.jpg 20130609_162046_resized.jpg

Upvote 2

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet bunch of treasure !
Glen

OP
OP
thecolonel

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Tell us how you went about getting permission and access.

Chuck
Just ask. I stay clear of the locked ones. (The 17 year old kid behind the counter welcomes the help! Otherwise it will be him that has to do it.) Anyway, Chuck, if you are interested in this, you need to follow basically the same code of ethics that apply to metal detecting. And always clean up after yourself and leave the machine closed and latched as found.

Last edited:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:notworthy: AWESOME! Really like the energy you're putting into this, and you're sure getting GREAT RESULTS! Andi

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are definately some nice results...

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just think if you had access to the ones at carwashes, those results would be much higher! hats off to ya for a neat idea

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
SO how do you go about this. You sift this dirt on the premise or do you take it home? What do you tell the person at the car wash that you want the dirt for home? I think I want to try this but want to make sure I do it the correct way.

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, what do you tell the folks you ask? Just taking it home to use as mulch for you garden ??

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's at a gas station and unlocked, why ask? Just pull up next to it and dump the junk in a bucket.

OP
OP
thecolonel

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO how do you go about this. You sift this dirt on the premise or do you take it home? What do you tell the person at the car wash that you want the dirt for home? I think I want to try this but want to make sure I do it the correct way.

Always do it at home. Clean up after yourself. Take ALL the stuff.Good and bad. Carwashs are tough. Go to the corporate owned Mobils, Exxons, Sunocos. They are rarely locked.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is only trash! But I do like to ask!

I think you are simultaneously killing your new hobby while trying to promote it... before you know it, word will hit the streets about the thecolonel...all the vac's will be on lockdown and next thing ya know there's a reality show on A&E where they're auctioning off the contents of 10gal, 20gal, 50gal vacuum screens (after cutting the lock off of course) and at first you buy em' for $1-$2 then BAM!... just over your shoulder...

dave-hester-sues-ae-storage-wars-fake-.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread