My finds for today, I left work this afternoon an these are them the first one I don

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My finds for today, I left work this afternoon an these are them the first one I don'

hy3a8aza.jpg
za8y9eje.jpg

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

Upvote 6

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like the lever action off a toy rifle to me.

Do you have a gibberish button on your phone?

holy-gibberish.jpg

OP
OP
holeDiver

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I found it on old farm land I doubt it's a toy. Mayb a pellet gun but not sure the it was old land an no houses

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of those levers from what ever type of small rifle also. Almost identical to yours. 014.JPG When I was a kid we had a small lever action 22 rifle, can't remember the marker but it was a cool little 22. I'm no gun expert.

OP
OP
holeDiver

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find to you also thanks

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of those levers from what ever type of small rifle also. Almost identical to yours. .

Oh that! That was Lucas McCain's old lever. He must've thrown it away when he modified his rifle. ;)

OP
OP
holeDiver

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously what's the point of asking for help if everyone is always trying to be a joke,ster I mean do I go on your post an crack jokes an make fun I'm confused I thought this was Tnet and not Jnet I'm only trying to get more info besides the obvious anyways if it makes you feel better then all power to ya.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously what's the point of asking for help if everyone is always trying to be a joke,ster I mean do I go on your post an crack jokes an make fun I'm confused I thought this was Tnet and not Jnet I'm only trying to get more info besides the obvious anyways if it makes you feel better then all power to ya.

I don't think anyone meant any ill will, Is there any kind of markings on the lever. Just from memory it looks like a lever from a Daisy air rifle I had as a kid. Goggle them and see if you can find owner manuals, might be helpful. I would take it to a gunsmith and I would bet they would love to help you ID it. Wouldn't surprise me if they would know just by looking at it. I'm sure none of them would charge you to take a look at it.

I'm sure also the other guys on the thread were just trying to make you laugh, not busting your chops.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Would an apology help you?

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relax, I was only saying its I have found what appears to be the exact same lever. Also I wanted to point out that there are small 22 rifles out there. Maybe that's the type of rifle yours or mine came from? Its was just a thought. The way interpreted Wadifinds comment other then a little sarcasm is that possible these rifles were modified. Thus they no long needed the lever. I doubt that's the case but people did modify lever action rifles. Post the lever under "What is it" if it that important to you in finding out what type of rifle it is from. Toy, Pellet gun, or actual firearm.

OP
OP
holeDiver

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the info an I don't mean to get all upset it's just every post lately has been a joke no hard feelings though. And happy digging to all

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think whadifind was trying to make fun. I think it's just a lighthearted attitude here. Actually, it was nice to see I'm not the only one here old enough to remember Lucas McCain. I loved that show. By the way, nice find and I think it may be off an old 22. It looks to heavy duty to be a toy.

Last edited:

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both of the levers look do look exactly identical. I have never looked into Iding mine. I am really getting curious seeing as we might be able to "kill two birds with one stone" One thing I will do is take mine to a local gun shop tomorrow (if they are open) and see what they say about it. Just a suggestion. If you want try and get some measurements on yours and we should be able to tell (I would think) if ours are from the same rifle. Personally I think mine is a bit heavy for a pellet gun, that's what made me think 22. Also too small for something larger like a Marlin 30-30 or Henry. Again I am no expert. I will post back with my findings. Hope this will help ya out some.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out and making finds! Some of us can't. Sounds about right that a lever off a rifle would be a little heavier than one from an air rifle etc. GL ID'ing

OP
OP
holeDiver

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool thanks a lot guy's I will do the same today with mine I really do appreciate it

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay Diver sopped by and talked with gun smith today and showed him the lever I have and he said it is from a firearm not a pellet gun. He also said it could of come from a larger cal. then 22. That's about all he could tell me. Assuming the one you found is the same as mine. Cool find, hope that helps some.

OP
OP
holeDiver

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot Helix I appreciate you help an I'm glade yours turned out to being more then a toy but after taking your advice I brought mine to the gun smith an he pointed out the smallest little D on the top an he believes it went to a DAISY but anyways greAt finds :thumbup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread