My finds form the "Ike" bank today...............

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
My finds form the "Ike" bank today...............

I Was in the town that the bank that has all the rolls of Ike dollars is located today. Of course I went in to buy some rolls. Told the teller that I wanted $200 worth of Ike rolls, and $100 of Kennedy halves, she was happy to give them to me. As she was handing me all of the rolls, the teller next to us said that an older gentalman had came in about a year ago and bought up all of the half dollar rolls to search, and returned them the same day. My first thought was "Darn, someone has picked out all of the silver ones". I almost changed my mind on buying the halves, but figured that the teller had already brought them out from the vault & filled out her little form. I also figured that she has always been so nice, and always went into the vault to get what ever I wanted when others won't, so I wanted to stay on her good side, so I bought them anyways...................Here are the results

the Ikes produced a 1899 O Morgan dollar, pretty worn, I would give a rating of "Good". I almost missed it because I had opened one end and emptied the roll into my hand, and it was the last coin on the other end. It had stuck in the roll. Luckily I put the coins back into the same roll they came out of, and when I picked up the empty roll, it fell out onto the desk..............needless to say, it produced an enormous smile from me! That was the only find from the Ike rolls, but I can't ask for anything better!!

On to the rolls of halves that I almost didn't buy.......................

1 1976 Bicentenial.....my first
12 1969D
8 1968D
5 1967
7 1966
4 1965
3 1964

Now either the teller made up the story about the guy who already searched them, or the guy who searched them was blind. Either way, I will go back next week for more.

Paul

Upvote 0

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Re: My finds form the "Ike" bank today...............

Paul in WA said:
? ? ?
Now either the teller made up the story about the guy who already searched them, or the guy who searched them was blind. Either way, I will go back next week for more.

She coulda made it up to discourage you :P

Great finds ;)
Go back for more!!!!

HH

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whoa, a Morgan! :o

That's a major stroke of luck! What more proof do you need that Ike rolls can hold some awesome goodies!

Good for you!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

:o A Morgan dollar, that's FANTASTIC! ;D And to think you almost missed it. lol Glad you didn't.

Also you did exceptionally well for halves that were possibly searched already. ??? Maybe some of the rolls in the vault may have been searched and others were added to the vault at a later date,those not being searched. Now I take it this is NOT the bank where you found the Walkers, right?

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

Correct. Today I will sneak over to the "Walker" bank..........with fingers crossed!

Paul

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We need some pics of ALL of your recent finds ;)

Just one HUGE pile of silver... man... i really hate you right now, but in a good way,haha

good luck today!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions