My finds from the encampment hunt...............

Hawkeye Jim

Jul 24, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher C$
had a fun time, even though the ground was extremely "HARD" - it was my first time at such a hunt and I was very happy to find a few bullets and a first for the Hawkman, an 1856-O Seated Half Dime, even though it's in poor condition, just knowing it was probably lost by a Union soldier makes it one of my BEST finds!!!

Thanks to JD, his family, & anyone else for putting on a great event, the food was good and met some nice people to boot!!! HH - Hawkeye Jim.

Attachments

• 56-Ohalfdime.jpg
    56-Ohalfdime.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 579
  • civilwarcamp.jpg
    civilwarcamp.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 571

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Congratulations Hawkeye, It was a pleasure to meet you. I thought the half dime looked pretty good. It would of looked a lot better if it was in my pocket. ;D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you are the one that found one of those beauties. A big congrats on that half dime. They would have to use the gator and haul me back to camp if I found something like that. WTG!!!

Burdie

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Great digs, Jim!!

I think I spoke to you and your wife on the field, and didn't notice until I walked away, that I dropped an 'O' half dime. Have you seen it ;) ;)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ain't that a purdy half dime! I had never seen one before Saturday, and I was shocked as to how small it was! Awesome finds and great to have met you!!!!

Nana ;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Half Dime, what a great hunt to have been on! HH, Mike

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe next time you will find the other half of that dime? That's how much I know about coins! Just an awsome find since the property owner said there weren't many coins recovered on the field. Someone found a ladies ring and we were told that it probably belonged to a prostitute who visited the camp at one time. If that story is true and with 40,000 troops she must have been sitting on a gold mine! :o ;) OOPS, forgot this is a family forum! Never mind! Nice find just the same. Monty

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, I was the other detectorist using a Fisher. You and your wife were a pleasure to meet. Hopefully we can all get together next year and do this again. Congratulations on your finds....Steve

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'd wondered who found the coins! Very cool!

Good finds all around and a good day, too

I'm ready for the next time already. Shoot, tired as I was, I didn't really want it to end so quick anyway.

Nifty finds!

HH
Nan

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim,

I'm like Nana...never seen one of those dimes either. Awesome finds for you, Congrats!!!

Glad I got to meet you, it was a pleasure.

;) RR

OP
OP
H

Hawkeye Jim

Jul 24, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher C$
stevesno said:
Jim, I was the other detectorist using a Fisher. You and your wife were a pleasure to meet. Hopefully we can all get together next year and do this again. Congratulations on your finds....Steve
Thanks Steve - it was nice meeting you also, and hopefully we can meet up again at the next hunt! Jim

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
Really nice finds jim!Met you and your wife late in the day.Looking forward to the next hunt,should be even more fun than the first hh rh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions