Piepstokloper

Dec 12, 2009
Groningen
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola Modified and Tesoro Cibola Hollandia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks,
Did a little hunting yesterday on an acre were the farmer had just harvest his weat.
Ground conditions were verry poor because off that loos soil my super 12" was,n able to penatrade verry deep, but never the las i,d menaced to dig up some surprising finds.
The following items were found: 25 Coins (18 off them were in verry bad condition), furthermore 6 rings, 2 buckel peaces, 5 bttons, a weichtbasket, 1 musketball, a fragment off an silver moneybag, and last but not least a Coinweicht (Cruzado?)
Greets,
Eem-Piem

Attachments

• Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 001.JPG
    Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 001.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 382
  • Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 005.JPG
    Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 005.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 382
  • Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 008.JPG
    Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 008.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 400
  • Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 006.JPG
    Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 006.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 388
  • Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 007.JPG
    Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 007.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 394
  • Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 003.JPG
    Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 003.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 391
  • Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 004.JPG
    Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 004.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'fragment off an silver moneybag'

Are you sure, its identical to part of a late 18th Century English made shoe/knee buckle.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! :o Great looking finds there Eem-Piem! Love all of those old coins and the silver bag handle.

Can you please tell me what this item is?

Attachments

• Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 003.JPG
    Akkers van 25Aug. 2010 003.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 298
OP
OP
Piepstokloper

Piepstokloper

Dec 12, 2009
Groningen
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:

Are you sure, its identical to part of a late 18th Century English made shoe/knee buckle.
Hi Crusader,
People here in Holland told me so, but iff you say that it is an Old Englisch shoebuckle that,s okay with me, I didn,t have a clu.
Would it please be possible to show me a sample/atachment off that Buckle, I would be very glad iff you gould do so. :notworthy:
Thanks,
Eem-Piem

OP
OP
Piepstokloper

Piepstokloper

Dec 12, 2009
Groningen
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Antiquarian said:
Wow! :o Great looking finds there Eem-Piem! Love all of those old coins and the silver bag handle.

I was told that it is an Coinweicht for a Portugees Cruzado

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Eem-Piem said:
Antiquarian said:

Is this relevant to what you're telling me Eem-Piem?

Dutch Brazil, also known as New Holland, was the northern portion of Brazil, ruled by the Dutch during the Dutch colonization of the Americas between 1630 and 1654. The term 'New Holland' should not be confused with the later term for present-day Western Australia.

From 1630 onward, the Dutch Republic came to control almost half of Brazil, with their capital in Recife. The Dutch West India Company (WIC) set up their headquarters in Recife. The governor, Johan Maurits, invited artists and scientists to the colony to help promote Brazil and increase immigration. The Portuguese won a significant victory at the Second Battle of Guararapes in 1649. On 26 January 1654, the Dutch surrendered and signed the capitulation, but only as a provisory pact. By May 1654, the Dutch demanded that the Dutch Republic was to be given New Holland back. On 6 August 1661, New Holland was formally ceded to Portugal through the Treaty of The Hague.

Spain had controlled the Dutch for a number of years; however, in 1596 the Dutch rebelled and raided many Spanish lands in the Americas and the Caribbean. In 1609 the Dutch gained independence from Spain, creating the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands. The two countries signed a twelve-year peace treaty in which the Dutch Republic was allowed to trade with Spanish-controlled Portuguese settlements in Brazil. By 1621 both the establishment of the West Indische Compagnie and the expiration of the twelve-year peace treaty caused conflicts to appear between the Portuguese settlers and the Dutch. By 1624 the Dutch felt the need for more land and invaded Brazil.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eem-Piem said:
CRUSADER said:

Hi Crusader,
People here in Holland told me so, but iff you say that it is an Old Englisch shoebuckle that,s okay with me, I didn,t have a clu.
Would it please be possible to show me a sample/atachment off that Buckle, I would be very glad iff you gould do so. :notworthy:
Thanks,
Eem-Piem

Look up at the banner for a similar one
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,342516.html

OP
OP
Piepstokloper

Piepstokloper

Dec 12, 2009
Groningen
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Antiquarian said:
Eem-Piem said:
Antiquarian said:

Is this relevant to what you're telling me Eem-Piem?

Dutch Brazil, also known as New Holland, was the northern portion of Brazil, ruled by the Dutch during the Dutch colonization of the Americas between 1630 and 1654. The term 'New Holland' should not be confused with the later term for present-day Western Australia.

From 1630 onward, the Dutch Republic came to control almost half of Brazil, with their capital in Recife. The Dutch West India Company (WIC) set up their headquarters in Recife. The governor, Johan Maurits, invited artists and scientists to the colony to help promote Brazil and increase immigration. The Portuguese won a significant victory at the Second Battle of Guararapes in 1649. On 26 January 1654, the Dutch surrendered and signed the capitulation, but only as a provisory pact. By May 1654, the Dutch demanded that the Dutch Republic was to be given New Holland back. On 6 August 1661, New Holland was formally ceded to Portugal through the Treaty of The Hague.

Spain had controlled the Dutch for a number of years; however, in 1596 the Dutch rebelled and raided many Spanish lands in the Americas and the Caribbean. In 1609 the Dutch gained independence from Spain, creating the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands. The two countries signed a twelve-year peace treaty in which the Dutch Republic was allowed to trade with Spanish-controlled Portuguese settlements in Brazil. By 1621 both the establishment of the West Indische Compagnie and the expiration of the twelve-year peace treaty caused conflicts to appear between the Portuguese settlers and the Dutch. By 1624 the Dutch felt the need for more land and invaded Brazil.

Yes, thank you.

Jun 17, 2010
Middle,Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Detectors used: Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250,Garrett Treasure-Ace 200(retired) with Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Congratulations [detecting]
TTH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread