Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you are definitely on a ancient spot with the worked flint and brokes. I think the first and last are just rocks. The last one may have been a hammer stone. The first is to deep for a nutting stone and looks natural. They may have brought it in as is.
Looks like you are in a good area.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with TnMountains, the first two are just naturally formed rocks and the flint pieces are tips off of Points and the last one may be a Hammerstone. You are definitely in a good spot so keep looking and you will find something good.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with my friends, nice finds. Keep looking, Good Luck sweetie.

Molly.

OP
OP
E

el jefe

Greenie
Jan 27, 2010
Thanks everyone. We have found hundreds of the broke pieces over the years but have found very few full pieces. We typically find them on the road where the ground is exposed. We have a creek running the length of the property but have never found anything in it. Is there a better method other than the roads which I should be doing in order to find pieces which aren't broke?

An archaeologist told me this land was thought to be an ancient camp and trade route so it should be riddled with artifacts.

Also does anyone know what type of points or era the arrow heads are from? The property is in central Texas.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any plowed fields close to the area? If tyere are then try those. If not, try hunting any exposed ground that migt have some erosion and you could get lucky. If you own the property you could try digging.

OP
OP
E

el jefe

Greenie
Jan 27, 2010
Where would be an ideal place to dig? It also might be easier to throw the discs on the tractor and start discing small 10 acre runs?

shopdog

Oct 20, 2008
I DONT THINK I WOULD DISK UP ANY THING LOOK FOR SPOTS WITH CHIPS OR FLAKES IN AREAS AROUND THE CREEK AND TRY DIGGEN OR IF POSSIBLE YOU COULD USE A PROBE I FIND ALOT OF STUFF WHILE WALKING WITH A WALKING STICK WITH APROBE ON THE END ABOUT 8 INCHS LONG YOU WILL LERN THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN STONE AND WOOD . IT TAKES ALOT OF TIME AND A REALY GOOD EYE FOR THIS HOBBY BUT ITS WELL WORTH THE EFORT WHEN YOU HIT A LITTLE HONEY HOLE OR FIND A PERFECT KILLER POINT

B

bluebird

indians had to have water.
and always live near the water,try looking at a highpoint near the creek
little john

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
el jefe said:
Where would be an ideal place to dig? It also might be easier to throw the discs on the tractor and start discing small 10 acre runs?

El Jefe

I would have to think the creek if shallow enough might have some gravel bars on it. I would back up and try to locate flint there if possible. That might give you an idea of where to plow,, If not in the creek try discing along the road in the higher areas where you have found all of your stuff over the years. Sometimes the site is as small as an acre. Sounds like you have the right ideas and tools to do the job.
Keep us updated on how it goes. Good luck !
TnMtns

OP
OP
E

el jefe

Greenie
Jan 27, 2010
I was blessed with a family ranch that has been in the family for 5 generations. With over 20 years of hunting I have developed a good eye for spotting a point. With everyone's advise I am excited to put them to practice and see what's under there. I will keep yall posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread