Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started metal detecting right after Christmas 2004 when I got a detector for Christmas from my wife Kay. Over that period of time you have many dry days and you don't realize what you have accumulated.? Here are just some of the things I have kept, some I don't know why, it just caught my eye I suppose?? A lot of this is just junk and for every piece of junk I kept, I probably threw away two more!? In the month of July I found all the rings and haven't found one since! Some are 925 silver some are 10k or 14k gold and some are plated. The gold necklace came my second time out 14k, and the Merc dime came about my 5th time out.? The wheat pennies came just here and there, ditto the halves.? I really haven't kept good records and am going mostly from memory.? I filled up two coffee cans with clad? and rolled it all arund the first of July.? The two piles of clad is what I have found since then.? Counting all the hours I put in I probablly made less than minimum wage!? But that's not what keeps me digging, don't care if I ever make a dime profit, just love to find the things and cache the goodies!? I may just bury it all some day and hope some lucky detectorist finds it and posts it on the forum after I am gone!? I will leave a note so they know where it came from.? Wouldn't that be grand?

Attachments

• DSC00215.JPG
    DSC00215.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,407
  • DSC00211.JPG
    DSC00211.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,437
  • DSC00212.JPG
    DSC00212.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,412
  • DSC00216.JPG
    DSC00216.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,391
  • DSC00217.JPG
    DSC00217.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,371
Upvote 0
The rest!? I also had about 50 rolls of clad pennies but for some reason the picture didn't transfer from my camera!? I also gave my wife two rolls of quarters one day when she needed some quick cash. JIM

Oh, and I forgot, I found about two dozen Hot Wheels miniature cars that I gave to my granddaughter.

Attachments

• DSC00218.JPG
    DSC00218.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,341
  • DSC00219.JPG
    DSC00219.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,340
Jim! Great idea...

You have a very nice collection going! ?:o

I might have to gather all my junk together some day. ?:)

Great pictures too!

Nana ?;)

Jim aka etc...etc....etc...,

very nice collection. All small treasures. Bet you can look at one and all and tell a story about each.

Again, nice collection, (and growing).

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

I'm going on my tenth month at metal detecting. JIM aka KS

Geez, Jimmileo. And I thought you were just a good storyteller. You're a good detectorist, too. Good going.

For being in this hobby for only a year, that's real impressive. I guess your "hooked".................. ::) ;)

GL & HH,

DugHoles

You appear to have your detector dialed in, great finds !

Hooked? Me? No way! Before last CheistmasLI had zero detectors, now I have 4! I was a Boy Scout and the motto Be Prepared seems to mean something now! I use to play with my Dad's forty dollar Radio Shack detector years ago and just didn't have time to go detecting until I retired. Now I wish I had made time over the years but it's tough having to work two jobs most of my adult life just to make ends meet. I chose to be a cop and they just don't make enough $$$ to support a family without extra jobs. As I look back I probably should have chosen another vocation and spent more time with my kids and wife than I did. Ahh, hindsight! Anyway, I can go detecting just about any time I want to now and I go out for about an hour and a half just about every morning. I am spending a little more time out detecting now since the weather is cooling off a little. THing is a great outlet, good exercise and it's fun too! Monty

some of those finds look rather familiar!! i can almost remember when you posted them! you have found some really cool stuff! a couple of those knives look really old. i just found my first the other day.its not nearly as nice as the ones you have though! its amazing how much crap you can pull out of the ground in just a few short months.imagine what might turn up in 10 more months!

wow monty
that is so cool, you inspire me
today i got my first md,,an older fisher,,,but to me is a new fancy fangled thing....just gotta pretend you are from another time:)
you all have given me many ideas of where to look, i am so looking forward to posting pics of my finds,,,,
i have a school right behind my garage, i shall tackle in the next few days,,,wish me luck

wendy

Monty, aka Jim, I'm impressed. You've come a long way in a short time. 8)
May all your finds be as golden as your stories. HH and take care.

Good work Jim!

Cool that you've saved it all to picture!

HH

Lonewolfe

That's a lot of stuff Jim,,, WTG!!!
It does add up pretty quick, don't it?
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back