My finds today with no machine.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I had the full intentions of going out to hunt with my daughters and let them swim. Sorta like a 50/50 split. So we get out to this swimming hole that is really rocky and I had been watching them for about an hour and decided to get in and cool off.

I saw a crack running down into the water so I got to thinking...there has to be money in this crack. Started cleaning the crack and found a coin in about 5 minutes....a penny.. So I decided to keep going and pulled out one 1939 merc, two silver rosies, $11.01 in clad and the usual junk.. I didn't have a pick for the cracks and could only go as far as my fingers let me....probably missing out on some good stuff! NOT ONE WHEAT PENNY....VERY STRANGE.

Worked this 8 foot crack with my daughters right next to me catching turtles and swimming for 5 hours. What a great day.

20170819_193351.jpg
20170819_193430.jpg

Upvote 18

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cowabunga Dude! You killed it! Way to keep your mind on the HUNT! Great score on three silvers using your melon.:headbang: Good time had by ALL!:hello2:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I usually don't find coins when I pick my crack...wait-yes I do. Lol, jk vhoov, but that's insane! Getting all of those coins out of one long crack in the rock..makes you wonder just how deep it is and how much $$ is still in there. I'm interested to see what kind of device could be fabbed up to extract the remaining coins out of there. Great save! Ddf

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would do good panning for gold (cleaning out cracks is where the gold is)!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! Always love finding treasure the 'old fashion' way.
:occasion14::treasurechest:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always look for cracks when I go swimming Good job!!!!

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I usually don't find coins when I pick my crack...wait-yes I do. Lol, jk vhoov, but that's insane! Getting all of those coins out of one long crack in the rock..makes you wonder just how deep it is and how much $$ is still in there. I'm interested to see what kind of device could be fabbed up to extract the remaining coins out of there. Great save! Ddf

Haha yeah....I'm going to take out a little pick set I have in one of my gun cleaning kits...maybe some needle nose pliers as well.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Nice score!
Weaving a little treasure hunting into the everyday!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha crazy! A treasure hunter's mind is ALWAYS scanning and searching for where something good might be. It's like a 6th sense. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread