My first 14 hunts

BillW313

Mar 13, 2009
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III Garrett's GTP 1350
After hunting 14 times with my new Prizm III, I thought I would list my finds.

1 10k gold wedding band
1 lead soldier
15 clad quarters-
10 clad dimes
10 new pennies
too many pulltabs, bottle caps, etc to list.
no wheaties or silver

I am still trying to figure out this machine. I seem to be getting good depth, 8"-9" on some items. Dimes and crushed screw caps read as pennies. I am starting to think I would be better off hunting in all metal mode and digging everything. Would earphones be of any help? If so, what would be the best?

Bill

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Bill,

Sounds like you're doing pretty darn good for how much time you got in using your machine. The more you use it, the better you'll get at recognizing what it's telling you. If you found gold...you got your discrimination set pretty good. You should be plucking some nickles in with all that...but it'll come.

I use a set of white's headphones that work just fine. A volumn control for each side. I think they help me concentrate a bit more without outside noise interference and you dont get a lot of people staring at you as your machine sounds off on pulltabs and coins. Plus...you'll get to hear those whisper quiet signals you could be missing otherwise.

Al

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought my first md back in Feb. I think you should get a good pair of head phones it will make a big difference in the tones. I have the White Royal GT with the volume control on either side.. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread