My first 14k white gold ring

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,

I was out yesterday at a park that I have been numerous times and decided to hunt the trails. The trails are loaded with trash from pull tabs to those wonderful can tops, can slaw,car parts, nails you name it it's there. Anyhow I was hunting with a few buddies eric, dave and frank. Eric tells me he is going to the bottom of these trails,he uses a whites dfx, and has been at it since the early 70's. Every time he goes hunting with us he always seems to find the best coins. Well I decided to follow him down to the bottom of the trails. As he was walking back up I asked him did he make it to the bottom. He says yeah its very trashy down there. So in my mind I am thinking where there is trash there is treasure. So I have been digging lots of nickel signals, some are pull tabs and beaver tails, and nickels . On my way back up this trail I get a solid red eye 12-10 on my Ctx at 3 inches down. I am thinking buffalo nickel or a v nickel, but I was wrong it was a gold ring. White gold stamped 14k, with Diamond cut edges. I am very glad to have it and I am glad I followed my buddy down those trails and dug what he either skipped or just didn't dig. Good luck to all and happy hunting!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415621943938.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415621943938.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 169
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415621967871.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415621967871.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 17

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California