My first 1800s coin. 1829 Liberty Head one cent.

chelvt

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20200320_161430.jpgIMG_20200320_161412.jpg

Upvote 25
Congrats on the large cent. That corrosion would come off with a little warm peroxide. Looks to be a pretty solid coin under the crud.

It's a real milestone when you find your first 1800's coin here in the US - congrats !

You were lucky ... Indian Cents are most peoples first 1800's coin.
( Not saying there's anything thing wrong with Indians)

Good Hunting !

Welcome aboard! Congrats for the sweet LC- living where you do, there'll be more, rest assured!

Like EVOLUTION said. Lots of detail underneath. Should come out really nice. CONGRATS........Hogge

Very nice. My only tip is dig bigger holes. But zingos do happen still. It may be too late, but I find cold peroxide works best. It doesn’t green the coin like hot peroxide, but takes a day or two of soaking

Welcome to Tnet and congratulations on digging your first 1800's coin! Looks to be in pretty decent condition. There is lots of history in Vermont. Before you know it you will be pulling 1700's coins from the ground.

Steve

Nice. Glad you got a date off it. Great start to your 1800's collection. Congrats!

Congrats!! I found my first largie in Charlotte, VT last fall. You anywhere close to there by any chance?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back