My first .44 cal Colt Army bullet Civil War era. Durring the storm.

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Yea I know it is not worth much as far as a bullet relic. But it means something to me. I have found hundreds of mini bullets over the years. But I never found what I consider a calvary bullet.

Yes I know there is no way I will ever know if it was a calvary bullet or not. It is civil war era. That I do know.

What I am not posting is the 5 pounds or so of metal cr#* I had to dig up from the muddy water to find this. I would be happy to post the the different sizes of rusted nails I found, but why bother.

Yes I spent 3 hours in a Storm earlier to dig up a bullet that might be worth $5 to $10. I am sure I could sell it for more if I found the right person. But I have no interest in selling it because it is priceless to me. My first .44 Cal Colt.

My cell phone photo blows. But I had to use the batties from the digital camera to use for my detector. Such is life.

ericwt

Attachments

• 44colt1.jpg
    44colt1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Congrats eric. Still a great find. 8)Sometimes persiverence is all it takes along with a pinch of luck. You might think about a magnifying glass between cell camera and subject. Mine sux too, guess it may just get a bit dirty from handling the phone all day.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Great find. I don't have any civil war era bullets yet, however it is possible in my area to find them. I hope if I find one its in as good as shape as yours appears to be.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
ERIC, Nice Find, But Why Did You Clean It? The Patina Shows Its Age, Now Go Stand In The Corner!! trk5capt...

Attachments

• cscavrelics.jpg
    cscavrelics.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 238
  • cscavrelics.jpg
    cscavrelics.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 228
OP
OP
ericwt

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
I cleaned it becase it is goin to be a part of my reinactment stuff. Lets just say I am a member of a Reb Calavry unit.

Sure I also find the rusty suff too.See photo of todays finds

I still think the first .44 cal bullet is cooler

ericwt

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 205

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job Eric...It's alway's great to get your first,but alway's better when it's CW related...Congrat's and HH!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Eric! I only have found one of those.... :'(

Maybe that'll change soon! ;D

Congrats!