My first and last transaction with kellyco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fullscreen capture 3282017 115705 AM.bmp.jpg

So I ordered this coil, they had it the cheapest, and it showed "In stock".
I had a coupon for free shipping too.

4 days later, no tracking update. So I called and asked when it might be shipped.

"These have been on backorder for a while, they come from Bulgaria, and we have no ETA on when they will be here".

Sorry, but not only is it not right to purposely sell an out of stock item, it is illegal.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Demand a refund. If they refuse, file a chargeback with your credit card company. I've been getting a lot of that nonsense on eBay and other online sites lately. If you don't have it in stock, then you're just a dropshipper.

It's time to get rid of all these dropshippers. I buy something on eBay and it's delivered by Amazon. You're not fooling anyone and your feedback will reflect it. Shouldn't be allowed, but that's the way it is right now.

OP
OP
Detecto

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've bought stuff from eBay and it was dropped shipped by Amazon.

Odd thing is...it was CHEAPER than it was on Amazon, not sure how, because I always comparison shop.

Drop shipping is one thing, but Kellyco should not be listing these as being in stock, they should put a warning with how long it could take, or show out of stock.

I've sent an email for a refund.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've dealt with Kellyco for 35 years. I've also purchased from others. I've never had a problem with Kellyco. It could just be a glitch. I agree they should refund your money. It is their mistake and they should make good on it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it makes you feel better, Rant on baby! :occasion14:

I'm Hoping

Feb 19, 2017
Ft.Myers, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had to have PayPal step in on my behalf as Kellyco was taking too long to refund as they agreed to when I called them. With PayPal's help I got the refund with in24 hrs.. Yes ,what Kellyco did is miss leading and illegal in most places.
I've bought stuff from eBay and it was dropped shipped by Amazon.

Odd thing is...it was CHEAPER than it was on Amazon, not sure how, because I always comparison shop.

Drop shipping is one thing, but Kellyco should not be listing these as being in stock, they should put a warning with how long it could take, or show out of stock.

I've sent an email for a refund.

OP
OP
Detecto

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had to have PayPal step in on my behalf as Kellyco was taking too long to refund as they agreed to when I called them. With PayPal's help I got the refund with in24 hrs.. Yes ,what Kellyco did is miss leading and illegal in most places.

Ya, I'm reading some delays with them giving refunds. I think I'm just going to file a chargeback.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only bought one thing from Kellyco, and that was a book. Bought it from ebay, as the shipping was only $3.95, whereas if I bought it from their website, it would've been $11.94 (are they serious?). Listing said item was in Winter Springs, FL, but it shipped from Tennessee, and took over a week to get to me. I live about 80 miles form Kellyco, I should've had it in 3 days max via first class. To me, they're playing the games of the China sellers - We have it in stock (when we may or may not), and we're located here (when we're not).

I'm pretty sure that purchase will qualify as 2 - my first and my last from Kellyco.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been reading a lot lately about this happening (showing INSTOCK when it actually isn't....and in one case they never changed the item to show it was no longer in stock after it was reported to them) with different products at KC.
Anyone can make mistakes, but (to me at least) to keep making the same mistakes either indicates ineptitude or deliberate attempt to deceive.

I have also read of a couple of complaints about refunding difficulties. ALWAYS do a chargeback if you are in the right. NEVER pay a CC bill unless you have received the merchandise.

Too much smoke for me; I do business with smaller dealers with good reps now.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called and talked to kellyco IT, the website is suppose to automatically update the products when a product is out of stock to say "out of stock" when it is out, the error is a software issue with the website and they are looking into fixing it now.

Detecto, I am sending you a pm with the name and number to call for your refund, I called them and they are aware of your issue.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only bought one thing from Kellyco, and that was a book. Bought it from ebay, as the shipping was only $3.95, whereas if I bought it from their website, it would've been $11.94 (are they serious?). Listing said item was in Winter Springs, FL, but it shipped from Tennessee, and took over a week to get to me. I live about 80 miles form Kellyco, I should've had it in 3 days max via first class. To me, they're playing the games of the China sellers - We have it in stock (when we may or may not), and we're located here (when we're not).

I'm pretty sure that purchase will qualify as 2 - my first and my last from Kellyco.

Kellyco is not playing any games, they have a warehouse in Tennessee and their local warehouse in Winter Springs, it they are out of stock in one warehouse and they have it in stock in the other warehouse they ship it from the warehouse that has it in stock.

FYI to all............
Kellyco is a supporting vendor here, please end the attacks.

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally cards are not charged until the item is at the shipping stage, it is bad form to do so before you have the item ready to roll out.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Kellyco is not playing any games, they have a warehouse in Tennessee and their local warehouse in Winter Springs, it they are out of stock in one warehouse and they have it in stock in the other warehouse they ship it from the warehouse that has it in stock.

FYI to all............
Kellyco is a supporting vendor here, please end the attacks.
Please excuse me for not agreeing but people have the right to post bad customer service regardless of the status of the vendor. Not naming any names or bashing anyone in particular. In this case it looks like you have handled it so all is well but should we remain silent simply because someone is a contributor ? I'm just curious.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Normally cards are not charged until the item is at the shipping stage, it is bad form to do so before you have the item ready to roll out.

I agree..

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
....should we remain silent simply because someone is a contributor ? I'm just curious.

I'm not a mod, nor do I represent kellyco. But if I were to answer this, I'd say the "crime" would need to be a little more egregious than this. I mean, sheeesk, so it took them a little longer ? So their website had a glitch ? Sure, point it out and rant. But at a certain point, any business is capable of mistakes.

If they were truly ripping people off (never-delivered stuff, etc...), then sure: being a sponsor wouldn't inoculate them from that. But for a routine glitch, I think we need to lend some benefit of the doubt to a forum sponsor. After-all: Its them that allows for forums to exist in the first place . Someone's gotta pay for the web-domain, server, headache admin, etc....

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never had a problem with Kellyco. I've bought several things from them; if I don't like the price, I'll go somewhere else.

I can understand it's irritating to order a new toy and then find out you aren't getting it. It's happened to me in the past with unrelated purchases. But, stuff happens.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the same problem with Big Valley Metal Detectors. I ordered an Angus Mackirk sluice that was in stock. At least online it was. After 4 days of nothing from them at all. I called and they told me it was out of stock. The good thing is they didnt charge my card. But it is still irritating!! I have never had an issue with Kellyco except for shipping. It is always a little slower but thats the option I pick anyway. Shipping is alwasy slow when waiting for a new toy to show up!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please excuse me for not agreeing but people have the right to post bad customer service regardless of the status of the vendor. Not naming any names or bashing anyone in particular. In this case it looks like you have handled it so all is well but should we remain silent simply because someone is a contributor ? I'm just curious.

You can not bash any supporting vendor, Detecto had a right to post his complaint, that is not an issue, some jumping in just to bash, posting 2nd hand heresay is not.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread