granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold and breezy day at the Jersey Shore, and it was high tide, which pushed me higher than I was hoping to be. Since it was my first day out with the Fisher CZ-21, I didn't want to spend my day battling heavy waves, but instead wanted to learn the machine and enjoy the day. I spent most of my time in the wet sand. As some forum experts told me, ground balancing was pretty easy. It was when waves came in crashing over me that I could here some tones... so I figure, you're either in the water or you're not! No noteworthy finds... just some clad and some bottle caps. But it definitely hit strong on deep targets. A quarter and a penny I pulled out were both about a foot deep. Good solid hits. As I wondered onto dry sand I had to adjust the ground balance. Overall, a nice quiet machine. Hits when you want it to and no extra fuss. While I didn't strike gold or silver, it's always good to be out. And a hot shower never felt so good!

My next significant outing will be inland, as my friend and I have permission to hunt a few acres of land that has some Revolutionary War history. I'm going to bring the CZ-21 and my Garrett Ace 350 and compare how each fares.

I hope you guys had some good finds this weekend!

Upvote 0

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well congrats on your new beach machine. I know that vlf machines can work on the beach as long as they aren't black sand. I hope that your cz delivers some nice finds for you.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:Well done and congratulation with your nem metal detector:metaldetector::occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread