My first beach ring

LukeTHr

Dec 13, 2005
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & tesoro tejon whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out here in western Kansas, we don't have the quality of beaches that some of you are fortunate to have access to but I decided to give it a shot anyway at a local lake. The lake has been in use since the 1950's and due to varying water levels, different beach areas are used at different time. I was using the Spectra V3 and dug every signal no matter what. Needless to say, the amount of junk can be scary. I was out this past Sunday over the labor day weekend and finally struck gold !! I also found a very black colored quarter which turned out to be a 1964 silver. maybe there is hope for me out here yet. From what I can tell at this beach with amount of old pulltabs is hasn't been hunted much if at all so I may have to make more trips in the future.

Attachments

• DSCF5902.JPG
    DSCF5902.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 723
  • DSCF5903.JPG
    DSCF5903.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 727
  • DSCF5904.JPG
    DSCF5904.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 725
Upvote 0

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Nice honker I just got my V3i .hope my first gold is that nice , sweet Rob. :coffee2:

piratejoe

Jul 21, 2011
Florida Keys
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum w/950, Surfmaster PI
Nice one. I am down here in the Florida Keys and still looking for my 1st beach gold. Way to go.

OP
OP
LukeTHr

LukeTHr

Dec 13, 2005
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & tesoro tejon whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call me a Plumber said:
Hey LukeTHr in what county were you at. The Plumber. Nice ring what school is it from never heard of no Buffalo's.

now if I told you where it was, my beach would be swarmed with detectors... hahaha

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
Rings are always Super Groovy, especally GOLD ones! :headbang:
I haven't posted in awhile cause I'm in Afghanistan and I really don't want to metal detect around here. Too many mines!
I do drop in every now and then............
Happy Hunting all! See ya next April

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread