My first box of dimes and three scores!

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well, I got a bit frustrated at not being able to go detecting lately so I decided to go for the next best thing and ask my bank to hand over all their halves and dimes, which they did, amounting to fifty rolls of dimes, and one lonely roll of halves. The halves were a fail, meh... The dimes, though, are another story. After I finished the fifteenth roll with no finds I got a bit uppity and decided it was time to arm myself with a +1 sandwich of discouragement banishment. This worked out very well, because the next roll opened upon returning to the task contained a spiffy 1946 Rosie. Then another dry spell, and finally the 1954 D and a 1964. I wasn't expecting more than one silver, so three is pretty cool, enough to keep one motivated at least. Also of interest, sort of, is a nice looking 1965. Yes, I know there are a billion point five of them, but how many still look this good? I have posed it between a brand new 2010 dime and one of the silvers for context. Ok, probably a great deal of them look good, but, oooh shinnyyyy..... Yeah, I need to go dig some holes now and quit trying to overcompensate for the ugly, rotting zincolns, heh.

2010 09 15 - 01 - Three Silver.jpg

2010 09 15 - 02 - New Old Older.jpg

Upvote 0

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score on the dimes, nice pics and the shine :thumbsup:
HH..Miner