My first box of halves... King_Of_Coins

King_Of_Coins

Feb 20, 2008
Walked into BOFA today and they had 1 box in the vault $500. One teller had some loose halves but said she was holding them for someone.

Anyway...went through my first box and found 10---- 40%'ers.

1966-1
1967-3
1968-4
1969-2

That's it...looked for '76S 87P+D and 2002 and beyond....nothing...not even a magicians coin. :)

Do you consider 10 40% halves a decent box?

Upvote 0

solariscool

Dec 21, 2007
King_Of_Coins said:
Walked into BOFA today and they had 1 box in the vault $500. One teller had some loose halves but said she was holding them for someone.

Anyway...went through my first box and found 10---- 40%'ers.

1966-1
1967-3
1968-4
1969-2

That's it...looked for '76S 87P+D and 2002 and beyond....nothing...not even a magicians coin. :)

Do you consider 10 40% halves a decent box?

my last box had 5 40%ers so yeah I'd be really happy with 10. congrats.

solariscool

Dec 21, 2007
King_Of_Coins said:
Now I gotta find a place to dump all these coins!! :)

go to google and type in your city name and coin counter... you may bet lucky. That is how I found the bank in town that has a coin counter at each of its branches.

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
Any thing but a skunk is a good thing.

HH
Cat

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto. I used to average 4-6 40% (counting 90%'s as two 40%'s) per box. It has slowed down, with more skunks in bewteen. So I'd say 2-3 is a good box now.

HH.

OP
OP
K

King_Of_Coins

Feb 20, 2008
You guys dump coins all at one bank? They get peeved at you? Should I mix it up a little?

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
King_Of_Coins said:
You guys dump coins all at one bank? They get peeved at you? Should I mix it up a little?

Some people dump at the same bank, some spread them out. If you have access to multiple banks in your area that you can dump at, DO IT. One thing that can kill CRH is morons dumping huge amounts at one bank and those particular banks getting mad and inducing new banking policies.

However, for example, there was a member of the forum that dumped like $10,000 at one bank a few days ago. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT calling him a moron. He actually developed a good relationship with the tellers at his bank and they don't seem to mind him dumping that much at one time.

Just be smart about it. Nothing can kill this hobby faster than other dumb CRHers. If you notice tellers getting mad, dump a little less per bank visit.

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
One of the reasons they get upset is because they are only suppose to have so much money in the vault and if you dump on Friday and the pickup is not until Thursday they have to set with all that money in the vault for a whole week. Plus they don't like to count all of it every day.

Cat

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Cat J said:
One of the reasons they get upset is because they are only suppose to have so much money in the vault and if you dump on Friday and the pickup is not until Thursday they have to set with all that money in the vault for a whole week. Plus they don't like to count all of it every day.

Cat
That's dang near a dream box.

OP
OP
K

King_Of_Coins

Feb 20, 2008
Bwahahahahahaha!!! I found a dump bank with a coin counter. They are in an obscure area (bad spot for a bank, in my opinion. The branch manager told me that his tellers pretty much sit around during the week...not much traffic at all. Also told me to bring in as many coins as I like...as many times as I like...but to come during the week (no problem for me) because he wants to give the tellers something to do...he actually said this to me. He also instructed the tellers (all 2 of them) to save all halves for me. :)

BTW- I did open a fee free account there...I'll keep some money with them.

Bwahahahahahaha!!! Think I'll go to BOFA and get some boxes now. I'm bored.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hydrantman said:
King_Of_Coins said:
Now I gotta find a place to dump all these coins!! :)

I gotta sugestion but I don't think Dave would like it very much... ::) ;D

Dave would say make those coins, make sure it is unique, that way no more silver coins will will mix in with them. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions