Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find like 10-15 wheaties in it!!!! :icon_pirat:

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's face facts, you're hooked. It started so innocently, first he tried the cash register till, then the piggy bank, now look at him. Pitiful example. Welcome to our little corner of insanity. When you start dreaming about a Ryedale Penny Sorter,there is no hope for you. Jim

kansastide

Dec 28, 2007
Well I just got a used Ryedale, but am still trying to figure it out. May take some time. It was throwing everything into the reject box (70's, 90's, wheaties). When I get it figured out and running I'll be a happy camper and will get more sorted in a fraction of the time.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Andy@ryedalecoin

Drop andy a note. He designed the Ryedale. My guess is you have the wrong penny in the sample slot. If you have the right coin in there, the machine is pretty deadly at sorting. Jim

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
kansastide said:
Well I just got a used Ryedale, but am still trying to figure it out. May take some time. It was throwing everything into the reject box (70's, 90's, wheaties). When I get it figured out and running I'll be a happy camper and will get more sorted in a fraction of the time.

The best wasy to use a Ryedale is to put a 1981 in the slot as your sample. If you use an earlier year it does not work as well. Then, when you dump, it will sort very well. But, it still will spit the 1040 and earlier pennies to the reject side. So, how I solve that is that i keep dumping but keep my eyes ont he REJECT side, not the copper side. After I am done I shall look at all the coppers anyway, taking the wheaties out. So, I watch the reject side. If an old looking coins pops out, I turn it over and look to make sure it is not a wheatie (or IH!!). I keep the macine running, as not many look old enough and some come out wheat or memorial side up anyway. I find that I don't misss hardly anything that way. Every once in a while, while returning pennies to the bank, one will show up in that reject slot too. One I somehow missed. But, luckily it is rejected by the bank TOO. I don't want ot use the bank as my last resort hough, in case it takes them. So I watch the reject, pull out the few wheaties that go to that side, and then sort the coppers afterwards to get the rest of the wheaties. Im running about 7.2 wheaites per box, and about 17% copper versus zinc.

Once you get it running, you will wonder why you ever looked at pennies by sight in the past. This is so much better. And it doesn't clog that often, although it DOES need cleaning about every 200,000 coins. Otherwise it slows down on the kick out and jams. Once it is cleaned though, off you go again for another 200,000 with pretty much no issues. :-)

Good luck with it. I think you'll like it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions