My first cache - well, sort of!

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
My first 'cache' - well, sort of!

My boss had an old building torn down and I got her permission to hunt it. I knew it had been a car lot at one time and an old home sat on the land before that. I headed over after work this evening and after hunting for about an hour, I was a tad discouraged that I had only managed to find three fairly new pennies and a key to a long-gone Lincoln. I was almost ready to pack up and head home when my detector alerted me to a hidden penny. I figured I might as well add to my ever-growning collection of dirty pennies, so I dug down about 2 inches and found a rabies tag. My first thought, of course, was of the poor animal that lost it - or of the bones that wouldn't be much further down. My detector told me I wasn't finished there - and boy, was she right! In the next 20 minutes, I pulled seventy - yep, 70 more rabbies vaccination tags from the area! They appear to be from the same clinic - all from 1987 - sequentially numbered, too. How very strange! In any case, I think this may qualify as my 'first cache'! Any thoughts on this mysterious hoard would be welcome..
Ruth

Attachments

• IMG00021.JPG
    IMG00021.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG00022.JPG
    IMG00022.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Re: My first 'cache' - well, sort of!

It's one of the strangest ones, but "yup" I'd say it's a cache. Cool find!

vicki

BRD

Mar 26, 2004

Very nice find SaintSea,
It's unusual, but definitely a cache. I would guess that a veterinary clinic disposed of them there for some reason. You have probably already surmised that. At any rate, it is a neat find and would make an interesting display at a treasure show.
BRD

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State

Well that certainly is a rare cache to find. I bet no one else has found one similar. Maybe this Xmas they could be used to decorate a little tree and you could post the picture in the gallery.

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005

Huh...what a trip! Guess that just goes to show you never know what your gonna get. Pretty cool and kinda bizzare at the same time! Good luck on your next hunt! :)

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

Those are really cool :D I'd rather dig those than all the corroded zinc pennies I get at the beach!

HH 8) surfrat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread