My first Century day ever!!!!!

norcalrockhunter

Jul 21, 2006
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
My wife and I started out around 7 this morning, hitting a tot lot around the corner from the house, we were thinking that this tot lot was going to be vary promising because there is always kids and there parents there, We spent an hour there and found a disappointing .27 cents, 2 pennies and 1 quarter, I thought man I hope the rest of the day does not end up like the first hour, We went and got a cup of coffee and went to another school yard, that we hit last weekend and I thought I cleaned it pretty good with the stock coil,
So this time I had my new 6x10dd, and I have to say this coil is the ticket, I hit clad, 61 in total, one 925 Italy necklace, 925 earring with fillagree and CZ stones and one other earring, and this was all before noon,
So we got out of there and got lunch, and to get some groceries and then to Radio Shack, and back out, Both of us were swinging Md’s this time, Kristin was using the MXT with stock coil, and I was using MXT with my new 6x10, we went to a few small tot lots and found a few coins here and there nothing major as there were a lot of people at each tot lot and I’m just not into having 20 kids around watching and asking me what I’m doing and then having there parents give me the evil eye like I’m going to snatch there kids up or something, So Kristin needed to head back home to take care of some things and I wanted to stay, so she dropped me off at another park and I told I would just walk home,

Knowing that my clad count was around 70 right then I told myself I am not going home until I hit the century mark, this park is right behind my house and I have hit this place in the past hard spending a lot of time there going slow, so I didn’t expect to get much,

I have to say that I must have over looked a lot of things or this 6x10 is picking up things that my stock coil could not, I was out there for 2 hours and decided that it was time to head home, I looked into my bag and I knew I would be close to the century mark but was not for sure I hit it our not, I also found another ring out there one more 925 silver, so that just made the rest of my day,
I must have hit 15 quarters out there which kinda worried me because I thought for sure I got all the big clad out of there before with the stock coil,
I just got to say I was totally shock on how the 6x10 performs this coil is really a great asset to the MXT, and I’m not pluggin anyone here this thing really works well

So my total for today is

Quarters 24
Dimes 19
Nickels 11
Pennies 65
Clad count: 119
Total clad: 9.10

1 silver 925 necklace
1 silver 925 earring
1 silver 925 ring
1 silver 925 ring broken
1 token
1 Micky mouse pendent
1 Cross (fake gold)
1 Broach pendent (fake gold)
2 Silver shoes
1 standard earring
Once again thanks on helping achieve the century mark today, all of you guy’s input and advice really did help out, thanks!!!!!!
Kristin’s clad count
Dimes 4
Nickels 2
Pennies 6
This was her first time ever swinging a Md

Attachments

• finds2031210.jpg
    finds2031210.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 0

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All that digging I bet your arm looks like Popeye's...lol. WTG on the silver and all the coins. Now you can go out tomorrow and beat your 100. HH.

Ed

AKiwi

Aug 4, 2005
Hastings, NZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500
Ya did well!
Now what is the difference between the stock and the 6x10dd?
Sounds like a bra size... :D but seriously.....smaller? bigger?
WTG HH
Paul

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds indeed! Cant beat the .925.... Well gold obviously but great hunt!! :icon_thumright:

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like that coil is working great for you :icon_thumleft: I usually hit all of the tot lots at night around the few days of a full moon. Man, that's a lot of digging for one day!

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
norcalrockhunter

norcalrockhunter

Jul 21, 2006
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
THingfool said:
All that digging I bet your arm looks like Popeye's...lol. WTG on the silver and all the coins. Now you can go out tomorrow and beat your 100. HH.

Ed
Ed I almost did today but I fell shy by a few coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread