My first coins!

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• image-1580304292.jpg
    image-1580304292.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 209
  • image-1865548222.jpg
    image-1865548222.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 0
OP
OP
normalizer

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks!

Went into backyard where my father had a garden and found a 1964 penny. Without a doubt this is something he dropped.

Attachments

• image-923382585.jpg
    image-923382585.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 126

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good work, Normalizer! Feels good, don't it? Wait till you see that shiney white coin... SILVER. You were only 3 years off when you found the 1967 (silver till 1964). Keep us filled in. TTC

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Good work. If the strong, deep signal at the center of the half circle of stones is a stupendous cache of old silver and gold treasure, or any type of treasure for that matter, which it may be and probably is, please do not post pics of it or tell anybody about it. Please do not do that. Good luck to you.

OP
OP
normalizer

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gleaner1 said:
Good work. If the strong, deep signal at the center of the half circle of stones is a stupendous cache of old silver and gold treasure, or any type of treasure for that matter, which it may be and probably is, please do not post pics of it or tell anybody about it. Please do not do that. Good luck to you.

I've got a feeling it's just where somebody buried their dog.

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe it's a pirate chest!

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on your first finds. Keep it up. You will not believe how fast your coin jar will fill up.

OP
OP
normalizer

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to that rock formation Sunday, definitely man made but I don't know the significance. Ran the md around it again and this time no hits so I left it alone.

Here's a shot of it.

image-1608870430.jpg

Went home sick from work yesterday and after a few hours I felt better. Ended up searching behind the laundry at my girlfriends apt and found 86 clad pennies in one hole. Talk about exciting!

image-2121372106.jpg

Cleaned them up and bought some cookies from the quickie mart next door.

brewit

Sep 19, 2012
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter
Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Md'ing makes me feel better when I leave work early too. Funny how that works.

OP
OP
normalizer

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Note to self - don't post this kind of thing to Facebook after going home sick.

Addendum - since when did mgt start surfing Facebook from work?

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to that rock formation Sunday, definitely man made but I don't know the significance. Ran the md around it again and this time no hits so I left it alone.

Here's a shot of it.

View attachment 677631

Went home sick from work yesterday and after a few hours I felt better. Ended up searching behind the laundry at my girlfriends apt and found 86 clad pennies in one hole. Talk about exciting!

View attachment 677632

Cleaned them up and bought some cookies from the quickie mart next door.

yeah sounds like you caught the metal detecting bug

OP
OP
normalizer

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hunted the grounds in front of my gf's apt today, showing her how the detector works. found a '70 dime, about 10 beer bottle caps and pull tabs, and a spoon. The crackheads started getting interested and the skeeters were killing us so we went back inside.

Yep, I'm hooked.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the madness. Just to let you know.....it don't get any better the longer you do it. Been dirt fishing since early 1970s. And my wife just
knows that every time I go out hiking/hunting it will be my last time. Don't think so.
Keep us posted on your discoveries. Do some research at the public library.....get permission from the property owners of some of the older buildings in
your town. It will pay off. And, getting your gf a detector will ensure many happy shared moments together.
Good luck!!!

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol dont post finds on facebook then people in your area will start invading your spots. Thats dedication that you had to leave work early to hunt. And by the way women are way luckier than men when it comes to finding stuff so look out.

OP
OP
normalizer

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's discovery!

Was hiking through a potential search site just looking around and found this.....

image-3136491029.jpg

Someone really hated taking banjo lessons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread