Mississippi Jim

Nov 28, 2013
Northeast Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saturday I decided to go out and test some new settings on my CTX-3030. I went to my old hunted out civil war campsite. I wasn't there long before I pulled out my first Confederate "CS" Belt Plate! I was shocked to say the least. This one is the Regulation style and you can see where all three solder marks are on the back, from the long gone hooks. Needless to say I will continue "testing" these settings for another year or two LOL

1.jpg

9-12-15.jpg

9-12-15a.jpg

Upvote 32

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bump. In ANY condition, this should be a banner. A CS BUCKLE?! C'mon.

OP
OP
Mississippi Jim

Mississippi Jim

Nov 28, 2013
Northeast Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all, not sure if it's a banner or not but I do appreciate the replies. I'm still excited about this one lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the Buckle, makes for a great display.
Interesting screen, lots of it blocked out if that's what the blue stands for. It must make a site pretty quiet, makes kind of worried on what I'd miss if I did the same as I have mine pretty well open.

OP
OP
Mississippi Jim

Mississippi Jim

Nov 28, 2013
Northeast Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you, I have to give the credit to Andy's Sabisch's new book. I ran pretty much wide open, but with him explaining the different modes. I am not worried one bit using this in High Trash mode. In fact I think it is better then wide open in trashy areas. With this machine, I have to keep slowing myself down.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you, I have to give the credit to Andy's Sabisch's new book. I ran pretty much wide open, but with him explaining the different modes. I am not worried one bit using this in High Trash mode. In fact I think it is better then wide open in trashy areas. With this machine, I have to keep slowing myself down.

True about going slow, though the 3030 has a faster processor it seems than the previous two models.

OP
OP
Mississippi Jim

Mississippi Jim

Nov 28, 2013
Northeast Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my first minelab, I have had it over a year now and I have been comfortable with it. But I didn't like the blanking out, at all with the discrimination. But the way Andy describes it gave me a good reason to try these settings. Of coarse I loved them right away LOL. But I am still testing this screen and I have no reason what so ever to worry about missing something. At least in high trash mode, that is the only way I would use this much discrimination.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good recovery. I always smile when the old timers say it is hunted out or we gridded that whole area 20 years ago. It seems relics have a way of rising to the surface when you least expect it. Iron on civil war sites is always worth the dig as it may be a relic or mask another.
Anyways wanted to chime in and say congratulations.
HH

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
awesome find. That would be the find of a lifetime for me....banner worthy, I think. I voted for it for you anyway.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread