Nice Indian Head In Otherwise Disappointing Site

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While digging at an old decommissioned pre-school building built before 1900, a middle-aged woman approached me and asked if I could help her move an appliance piece up to the second floor of a nearby apartment house she owned. When she pointed out which home it was I mentioned that the place had stuck me as being relatively old. "1892, I believe", she said. After the moving was complete, she wanted to pay $10 but I told her to keep the money and instead grant me permission to detect on the property. She had no problem with that, and I was stoked with the potential of the site.

Well, after a few days of fishing the modest grass areas around the home, it soon dawned on me that the property was not going to live up to the fantasy I had hoped for. Not all properties do. Without a single wheat cent and nearly all modern clad, I was relieved that I was able to find some 6" down at least one Indian Head Cent (1895) and in good condition. Also some unique odds and ends that I photographed below, including a strange Blatz item, a weird ornamented walkie-talkie, some costume jewelry and a couple keys. Odd site. Maybe I'll revisit after a good rain. 'Til then I will finish my old school property and report with my findings. HH to all!

DSC07086.JPG sm.jpg DSC07087.JPG DSC07089.JPG

Upvote 2

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, it's been slow going for me to around our city.... I just bought s NEL sharpshooter for the Safari and been giving it a spin around town. Nice to see your finding things. Keep it up and keep the post coming.......

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good hunt to me. I rather pull an IHP than a Merc or a silver rosie. That IHP has some meat on it. Would love to see it after it soaked in some hot soapy water and is picked clean with a toothpick or soft bristled toothbrush. I believe the Baltz bottle came on a key chain.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dosent look like a bad day at all

Top Member Reactions