image-1891312998.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0

jonojono

Jul 4, 2012
So Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I've got a few of those different years don't know what they are worth but hay they look awesome

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
jonojono said:
Yeah I've got a few of those different years don't know what they are worth but hay they look awesome

They are worth 50 cents. The gold plating is worthless and the colorizing makes the coin for all intents and purposes "damaged".

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are worth 50 cents. The gold plating is worthless and the colorizing makes the coin for all intents and purposes "damaged".

It's not gold plated. That was caused by my lighting and camera phone I think. It is colored though. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the value. Yes it's common and not "worth" anything but you would be surprised what people will pay 5 bucks for on eBay. ;p

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy said:
It's not gold plated. That was caused by my lighting and camera phone I think. It is colored though. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the value. Yes it's common and not "worth" anything but you would be surprised what people will pay 5 bucks for on eBay. ;p

Oh I know. I was speaking from a numismatic standpoint, not a "regular joe" standpoint. People will buy anything.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, Easy, is the sticker thing over the face of the coin torn? That's what it looks like to me, but I can't see it very well (on my cell phone).

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, Easy, is the sticker thing over the face of the coin torn? That's what it looks like to me, but I can't see it very well (on my cell phone).
Is that what it is ? A sticker? Looks painted to me......anyways the mark on his cheek that looks like a giant tear drop? That just the high spot on the coin and the paint/sticker has worn there.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy said:
Is that what it is ? A sticker? Looks painted to me......anyways the mark on his cheek that looks like a giant tear drop? That just the high spot on the coin and the paint/sticker has worn there.

That's what it looks like to me. Some are painted and some have stickers... like the Obama half dollars. Those are stickers.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy said:
Hahaha, good ish! See, 7.50 profit ! Date check people!

If it is torn though, I don't think you could profit on it, but you could pass it off as a "limited edition tear drop Kennedy", lol.

E

euler1977

eminem they call the 40% JFK clad dont they? It is a sandwich coin with coin with 80% and 20% silver. I will take all the 40% I can get. But my coinshop is not giving me $4/coin like I used to get.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't the seller have to sell the item first before they profit? Or do you normally count your chickens before they hatch?

Sometimes, lol. Yea I realize it's not a completed listing. Why always so negative? I'll bet you anything some doorknob will buy that coin for a couple bucks, maybe not 8 bucks but definitely a couple bucks.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
eminem they call the 40% JFK clad dont they? It is a sandwich coin with coin with 80% and 20% silver. I will take all the 40% I can get. But my coinshop is not giving me $4/coin like I used to get.

I think I've heard people call 40 percentas clad but I don't consider them being clad cause of da ag

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread