Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the clear plastic tubes for storing wheat cents and I write the decade on the lid. However, they are expensive and cut into the profit if I decide to sell them some day. They also take up more space than customer wrapped rolls due to the thicker plastic. I'm thinking about taking all my 50s and 40s cents and putting them into customer wrappers. The problem is banks by me don't provide them for us peeps. So where would you suggest I buy them from at the lowest cost possible?
Is this how you guys store your cents?
Btw I don't want to put them in bags I need to know exactly how much I have. If I don't know my exact count it triggers my OCD yo :laughing7:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
No bank around you will give you paper wrappers? That's odd.

Nope I live in an area where customer wrapped rolls don't exist. Every bank has some sort of counting machine. I can still ask though I guess...

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm... you could probably go to Wal-Mart or Staples or somewhere like that and buy them. If you poke around on eBay you can find some of the plastic tubes cheap.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You can find them really cheap at dollar stores or wal-mart prob. your best bet though is to search online, ebay will prob give you the best price, but search around. I know some sites often have them dirt cheap especially when you buy a bunch.

You can always carefully open the rolls of pennies you search and stuff them with your keepers, eliminate all additional costs that way.

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Amazon is where I get mine 1000 at a time. Excellent seller and fast shipping also.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Ebay had them very cheap

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the clear plastic tubes for storing wheat cents and I write the decade on the lid. However, they are expensive and cut into the profit if I decide to sell them some day. They also take up more space than customer wrapped rolls due to the thicker plastic. I'm thinking about taking all my 50s and 40s cents and putting them into customer wrappers. The problem is banks by me don't provide them for us peeps. So where would you suggest I buy them from at the lowest cost possible?
Is this how you guys store your cents?
Btw I don't want to put them in bags I need to know exactly how much I have. If I don't know my exact count it triggers my OCD yo :laughing7:

Paper rolls and a sharpie FTW.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
Agree with the consensus here. Just get the paper wrappers and use those. If you can get them for free from a bank just buy off of eBay. BCD's link for 1000 will probably last you a LONG time.

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
search google, i bought mine from some site i found with google for about 8 bucks shipped, and it came in a box of 1,000

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or you can take regular computer printer paper and cut it into strips, and then just roll yourself if you don't want to spend any extra money

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a second there, Em, I thought you blew your cover! You were starting to talk like us, dawg! I buy half wrappers by the 1000-ct box on eBay. I mostly use bags to dump, but mix it up a little.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just buy all the customer wrapped pennys you can find, and switch out the non-wheats

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Buy a box of cents at a bank, open one end and dump out the pennies. Save all the wrappers, and cash the pennies back in. Wrappers for free!!

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As one person said you can use computer paper. Might even make a cool Wheat themed wrapper for it to print out with neat cut lines. For me I sort all my copper in years anyway (pre 33 wheats, post 33 wheats, steels, post 59s, and 82s). While I weight my 82s to sort out zinc I keep them seperate clearly marked "weighed for copper content".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions