Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first CRH silver and it's seated

Hey everyone. I usually only post metal detecting finds on the michigan form but I had to share this with you guys. I'll try and make it short... When I got my income tax return I thought id play with $500 and buy some rolls because my bank just lets me dump them in a big plastic bag for deposit and they show up in the account a few days later. So my first couple rounds I try quarters and dimes about half and half with no luck at all. My buddy D told me quarters are tough so the next couple times I try just dimes with no luck at all. So now that's over 2k without a single keeper. On my lunch break today I bought two more boxes of dimes (both fed rolls). About half way through the first box this is what I see no lie. Can't believe my first silver isn't a Rosie or a Merc. Thanks for looking, HH, Griff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. I am not a CRH'r, A dirt fisherman mainly and I do fish vending machines with my discolored clad. Who knows I might pull a silver out of one of em. Again nice find, hope your luck continues.:icon_thumleft:

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find!!!!
What bank in Michigan lets you dump in bags, and credits your account? We would love to do this with cents.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!!!!
What bank in Michigan lets you dump in bags, and credits your account? We would love to do this with cents.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner
the bank is First Merit. used to be Citizens. Depending on the branch they ship them out once or twice a week. Works pretty well for me and they don't take a cut for themselves.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
J, I knew you'd score sooner or later, congrats! - now take a "seat" and "dig" into those dimes!

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any keepers are great, but for your first to be seated makes it even more special. Great job and I wish you many more.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what luck- been searching over $5k in dimes a week for almost 5yrs now and no seated or barberz- congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread