Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was back out at my usual CW site yesterday with a couple of buddies. Work is slow right now so I had to do something productive with the day! I was working an area that I've hit hard before, and I was digging every iron signal that I got. I got a real iffy signal and it sounded deep, so I started digging. I was down about 18", and I kept getting a solid sounding signal in the hole that was bouncing between 30-60 on the at pro. I put the pinpointer in the hole and it started to chirp, so I slowly dug my way closer to the target. I brushed away some dirt and saw the beautiful lead sabot of an artillery shell! I knew immediately what I had, and I was careful to dig out around it and not scratch it up with my shovel. When I got it out of the ground there were high fives all around, and I think we all felt a little bit like those clowns on that lame nat geo show... I still can't believe how well preserved it is after being in the ground for 150 years, I guess being so deep must've helped it. I also dug an eagle cuff button, 4 round balls and an iron stirrup, but the shell was the highlight of the day!
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 15

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:: puts out the Cannonballguy bait :: :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread