gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried my large cent spot today and found two wheat cents so I decided to try a farm field nearby and managed to find what I think is a dandy button and possibly a beat up to back, small round all as well. I only had forty minutes in the field, do to time constrates. The field defiantly looks like it has some potential. The bonus is that it is close to my house.
IMG_0208.JPG IMG_0209.JPG IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0212.JPG

Upvote 17
OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I meant to get a pic of the front as well. After looking at the pod it looks like it might have had some guild.
IMG_0211.JPG

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a dandy. Congrats! The item with 2 holes looks interesting, is it a button or coin?

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a beauty! Looks like it has flecks of gold gilding left, too. Congrats! -Lisa & John

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save on the Dandy....Congrats!!

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The unknown with the hole in it looks like a coin, but is really thin. it was in the 70's with the at pro, and was really close to the dandy button. Unfortunatlly i can not get any detail off it, I do think it is from the same time period but who knows. I have not done anything to it if there is anyway to id let me know.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, you got 1.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Liking the looks of the finds and the dandy button results from the short hunt. Digging buttons and lead usually produce a coin as well, good luck on the return hunt.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice relic hunt! :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool, congrats

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The unknown with the hole in it looks like a coin, but is really thin. it was in the 70's with the at pro, and was really close to the dandy button. Unfortunatlly i can not get any detail off it, I do think it is from the same time period but who knows. I have not done anything to it if there is anyway to id let me know.

I would hit it with a toothbrush then drop it in some hot peroxide to clean it, let it dry and send close ups of both sides with a common coin next to it for size reference. Unless it feels like a thin piece of lead, then just junk.

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice big dandy button, great find. Looks like that spot has good potential too. Spoon bits and butto s means your close to where a house was... hit it hard. Best of luck!

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pa-dirt it is copper I will try your suggestion. Thanks

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great relic hunt for such a short time, wonder what you would get in a full day!!!!!

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rustic I was where a house was until the late 1800's there is no longer a cellar hole, just a field. This field is at a four way intersection where the town center was in the late 1700's-early 1800's. Then the main part of town moved down the mountain in the river valley. I am still trying to get permission to hit the other three fields abutting the intersection. There were multiple stores, stagecoach,and houses in this spot. What originally turned me off to the sit was the fact that there was a common green which i have hit multiple times and can not find anything not really even modern clad. But who knows if it was recently excavated, hit by other detectors. But the field that I hit the owner said that nobody else has hit it that he knows of and his house and barn looks right at it. So hopefully i can get the other permissions if not I still have one big field to hit, and other fields along the road further from the intersection.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disc with two holes could be a full bridge plate off an old key wind key set pocket watch?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rustic I was where a house was until the late 1800's there is no longer a cellar hole, just a field. This field is at a four way intersection where the town center was in the late 1700's-early 1800's. Then the main part of town moved down the mountain in the river valley. I am still trying to get permission to hit the other three fields abutting the intersection. There were multiple stores, stagecoach,and houses in this spot. What originally turned me off to the sit was the fact that there was a common green which i have hit multiple times and can not find anything not really even modern clad. But who knows if it was recently excavated, hit by other detectors. But the field that I hit the owner said that nobody else has hit it that he knows of and his house and barn looks right at it. So hopefully i can get the other permissions if not I still have one big field to hit, and other fields along the road further from the intersection.
If you want the neighbours permission to the one your doing, best spend some time with the current owner & show him all your finds. He will then do the work for you.

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crusader i am going to do that and give him the dandy button if he wants it. hopefully i can get there later today

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crusader i am going to do that and give him the dandy button if he wants it. hopefully i can get there later today

Yeap, good word travels as fast as bad.:thumbsup: Good luck on your next permissions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions