zman365

Greenie
Mar 27, 2011
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
White's V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been interested in detecting for a number of years and at one point bought a cheap $50 unit, and without any guidance lost interest quickly. Over the past few months, my friend Joe has been talking to me about it again. He pointed to this forum and others so I could get to know what the hobby was about in reality.
Yesterday, we went to the GPAA show in Puyallup, WA. I bought what Joe recommended based on my ability to buy(I earn a good income). I bought a Whites v3i, Lesshi tool, Garret pinpointer, probe, and Joe will be building me a tool belt.
After reading the instructions, assembling the unit and testing it, Joe and I went out to the park to "Drive" it. After 1.5 hours and a bit of a sore arm :o I had my first lesson and some treasure to record the day with.
Needless to say, with encouragement and friendship a new hobby can be quite rewarding. I am an avid photographer, show get ready for some killer pics of trash at it's finest ;D

Attachments

• firstfind.jpg
    firstfind.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome,clear pics thats for sure.Soon you will be finding more than clad,but clad is always still good to find,it adds up fast too! :)

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome into the TH fold. Keep at it and the better finds will come. HH.

Hasse

Apr 27, 2010
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500 com treasure Hound eagle eye / Ace 250 / Magnet Cobra Beach
Welcome!
Hope to see your photos with beautiful gold rings! :wink:

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Im sure you will be finding some good goodies in no time...research and persistance. Good luck on your next dig. :headbang:

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
Congrats, keep your coil to the soil and the finds will come. Resaerch, and persistance!

OP
OP
zman365

zman365

Greenie
Mar 27, 2011
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
White's V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I am amazed at what time will do to a coin while it sits under ground. These pennies look like the surface of a strange planet. Really neat!

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum and the hobby. Good advice you got from your friend there and we have a number of detectorists in this area. (Who else knows how to pronounce Puyallup?) :hello:

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
:hello: Welcome to TNet Zman....its nice to know a friend that can offer some sound advice and instruction. I remember the courtship with my first detector and everyone of them since. The more you use it the more you'll understand it along with learning about the things you might find and the weird places they'll be.

White is a good machine...best of luck and I'll be looking for those awesome photos's of yours. Maybe you can make a post for us simple camera people on the best way to take a close up. I know I'd sure appreciate the heck out of it. Happy Hunting and thanks for sharing your first!

Intodeep

Mar 14, 2011
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350, Wilson Neuman Daytona
Welcome to the forum....... wish you the best of luck with all your future digs :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread