Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My First "Different" Coin Today

I've had my Garrett Ace 150 now for about 11 days, and am really getting used to it, and so far, really like it. Up until today, I've only dug up regular coins...quarters, nickels, dimes and pennies. No wheaties, no indian heads or "mercs", or silver quarters...just regular pocket change (which is really fine with me!). Today I hunted a seldom used park, and found something different! A Euro coin! When I first pulled it out of the hole (about 3" down"), I about fainted! Got home, cleaned it up real nice, and it looks awesome! I also got a token (gold in color...another near-faint moment).... All-in-all...a great day!! Happy hunting to you all!

Attachments

• IMGP0018.JPG
    IMGP0018.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,891
  • IMGP0023.JPG
    IMGP0023.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,976
  • IMGP0003.JPG
    IMGP0003.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 946
Upvote 0

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: My First "Different" Coin Today

Couple Nice pieces !!
got your technique down, you'll be pullin some oldies soon :wink:

OP
OP
Desertvet

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thank you, Steel...I certainly hope my time is near to be digging up my first oldie or relic! :icon_thumleft:
steelheadwill said:
Couple Nice pieces !!
got your technique down, you'll be pullin some oldies soon :wink:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3

It could be a Euro......but, it appears to be bi-metal on only one side, there is no date, there is no country on the coin (?), and it appears to be an advertising item with 'BOOMERS' on the reverse. I'm not trying to downplay your great find, but a country and date should be on a true coin.

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac

Goose-0 said:
It could be a Euro......but, it appears to be bi-metal on only one side, there is no date, there is no country on the coin (?), and it appears to be an advertising item with 'BOOMERS' on the reverse. I'm not trying to downplay your great find, but a country and date should be on a true coin.

two different coins ;)
always fun to find something 'different' whats a euro worth these days?... a buck and a half or so...
good stuff man!

neil

OP
OP
Desertvet

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Those are two separate coins that I posted pictures of. The Euro has 2002 on the reverse side. I didn't however find anything out about a country (if any are even supposed to be indicated on the Euro coins or not). I'll do some checking though... ;D
Goose-0 said:

OP
OP
Desertvet

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks, Neil! They were fun to find, nontheless! :icon_thumleft:
nhagan said:
Goose-0 said:

two different coins ;)
always fun to find something 'different' whats a euro worth these days?... a buck and a half or so...
good stuff man!

neil

OP
OP
Desertvet

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I just posted a picture of the reverse side of that Euro coin I found yesterday. I looked it up on Google, and found out it's from Germany. My best find yet... :icon_thumleft:
Goose-0 said:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goose-0 said:

Hi Goose! Nice find! Its from germany like desertvet said. Date is under the eagle. Euro coins have the euro side all the same, on the reverse there is a theme different for every country. Germany has the eagle. As You see its clad money. A buddy of mine found one only a year old in a field and it looked worse than most roman coins we find....

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

1 euro , the coins of my country ...congrats ! :hello2:

OP
OP
Desertvet

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Exchange rate is 1 Euro = $1.3495. ;D
nhagan said:
Goose-0 said:

two different coins ;)
good stuff man!

neil

Usil

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2011

Euro money is non-country specific with the exception of the Euro coin. Here, countries were able to submit their own design. Each country has it's own.

Usil

OP
OP
Desertvet

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Interesting info... I do like how the coins are designed. It was fun finding that one I got...made me feel a little light-headed when I plucked it out of the ground because I was so excited! :tongue3:
Usil said:
Euro money is non-country specific with the exception of the Euro coin. Here, countries were able to submit their own design. Each country has it's own.

Usil

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

The way things are going in europe, the Boomers token may have more spending power!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions