My First Dream Box of Dimes (Video)

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
It was cold out today and I thought there's no way I'm going out again after yesterday being so bad (today was supposed to be even colder). So what better way to smooth over your MD depression than to swing by the bank and pick up some dimes. I grabbed 4 boxes of dimes and $50 in loose half rolls and then it was, "HOME JEEVES!"

I opened the first box of dimes and the magic started to unroll before my very eyes.

The first roll had 3 silver dimes in it, which up to this point I had only ever gotten 3 silver dimes in an entire box. Right away I thought this is either going to really good, or the next 49 rolls were going to take forever to unwrap.

The second roll had 4 silver dimes in it, and I knew I had a Dream Box in my hands.

dreambox0102200901_sm.jpg

Watch the 20 minutes of video for all of the precious moments!

Or scroll down for the sick end picture!

PART ONE

PART TWO

-

-

Keep scrollin'!

-

-

-

-

-

dreambox0102200902_sm.jpg

dreambox0102200903_sm.jpg

Total of 63 silver Rosies!!!
4.5549 ounces of silver!

Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
very cool ...thanks for the vids but he's right ...you tubeing it will sink us...oh well..great score on the dimes...no mercs huh...oh well next time

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool bud, Congrats!!!! Loved the videos too!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Great job on the dimes that is spectacular. But I am with everyone no YouTube because everybody will know about this little known hobby.

-Golden Silver

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys!

I wouldn't worry about the videos on youtube... I can't even find my own video searching for "coin roll hunting"... all I get is a million videos on how to do the "coin roll". There's practically no way to even stumble across it... and if a hundred people saw it, it's not going to effect anything. I can't even get my Dad to start coin roll hunting in my own town after buying him a box of halves and dimes to open, and HE got silver too. My Dad is the one that got ME into metal detecting too... he's slightly more obsessed than me, if that's even possible. The people that will do this, already know about it and have been doing it a long time ago. Most hardcore people don't even frequent these forums or post their finds.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brett said:
Thanks guys!

I wouldn't worry about the videos on youtube... I can't even find my own video searching for "coin roll hunting"... all I get is a million videos on how to do the "coin roll". There's practically no way to even stumble across it... and if a hundred people saw it, it's not going to effect anything. I can't even get my Dad to start coin roll hunting in my own town after buying him a box of halves and dimes to open, and HE got silver too. My Dad is the one that got ME into metal detecting too... he's slightly more obsessed than me, if that's even possible. The people that will do this, already know about it and have been doing it a long time ago. Most hardcore people don't even frequent these forums or post their finds.

I have to agree. People will only find it if they are looking for it. It has the same likely hood of someone starting after stumbling upon this section of TNet now #4 on the board and seeing what everybody posts (& other CRH forums).

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
WOW, that really is a dream box!!! Yes a modern day :icon_pirat: for sure! :wink:

CONGRATULATIONS :thumbsup:

So you said you bought a total of 4 boxes of dimes, what are the results of the remaining three? :)

Thanks for the videos, I enjoyed them.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
congrats on some ill finds. Thats more rossies then i found all yr. Love the video, lol just keepit on the dl

Tim_IL

May 23, 2008
IL
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Whites DFX
Brett that was totally insane I couldn't believe my eyes. Good eye on catching that missing roll. And Malachi is getting very proficient at CRH.

I'm ready to see the other three boxes!!!!!!!!!!

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
WTG Brett :thumbsup: Now I'm going to pick up $5000 worth of dimes today. Soooo...what area bank did you get those at? :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
litefire56 said:
WTG Brett :thumbsup: Now I'm going to pick up $5000 worth of dimes today. Soooo...what area bank did you get those at? :icon_pirat:
Easy Grasshopper... that's 20 boxes! You must learn to walk before you can run! Try 1 or 2 boxes first and see how that goes :)

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Brett said:
litefire56 said:
Easy Grasshopper... that's 20 boxes! You must learn to walk before you can run! Try 1 or 2 boxes first and see how that goes :)

Haha...the grasshopper calling the Master, a grasshopper...now that is funny! :sign12:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions