Aug 18, 2013
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus W/11" coil and 9" HF coil, Garrett AT Pro W/5x8 coil
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out today and it was tough digging with the ground still frozen hard as a rock in most places. But I managed to find my first Eagle R button and my first shoe buckle I think. Also found what looks like part of a cuff link.

20150226_172235.jpg20150226_172128.jpg20150226_193815.jpg

Upvote 21
That's one more Eagle R button then I have found. Congratulations.:thumbsup:

Which area of PA are you digging? I bet you were in a wooded site though. Killer shoe buckle!

Kirk

Which area of PA are you digging? I bet you were in a wooded site though. Killer shoe buckle!

Kirk

Southern York county

nice finds, "cool" finds at that!

awesome shoe buckle and button!, I had a half decent shoe buckle frame last year but it was bent up, I tried straightening it and SNAP, it broke, its now in a landfill somewhere :BangHead:

Very nice finds. That button is super nice and desirable.

awesome shoe buckle and button!, I had a half decent shoe buckle frame last year but it was bent up, I tried straightening it and SNAP, it broke, its now in a landfill somewhere :BangHead:

We live and learn, don't we? My first good relic find is now in a landfill or someone's brass pile too. The bottom middle one
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425005075.975316.jpg

What IS that bottom middle one, Old Dude? And GREAT button. Can't believe you are digging in this weather!

attachment2RDA79NR.jpg heres mine dave, outlined in yellow, your relic you tossed is really nice, why did u throw it out?

PW...members here believed it probably was a sash buckle at the time I found it. They thought the red beads were probably red coral. It was found at a house built in 1820's or 30's, I forget now.

Chris, I was experimenting with electrolysis and, well...it didn't go well, I am embarrassed to say, lol. I found it at that old red brick house where you and I had our first hunt together.

Last edited:
hey that's how we learn, I learned the hard way that 400 grit was NOT a good approach to try to lift a date of a roached KG

now that's embarrassing lol!!!

I've broken some finds too, not thinking and trying too straighten them out.

Very nice finds. That button is super nice and desirable.

We live and learn, don't we? My first good relic find is now in a landfill or someone's brass pile too. The bottom middle one
View attachment 1125026

That thing looks pretty cool to bad it got broke.

Thanks. The sacrifices we make in this hobby to learn...

View attachment 1125029 heres mine dave, outlined in yellow, your relic you tossed is really nice, why did u throw it out?

There are some other nice finds there, the other buckle is in good shape and that USA button is pretty sweet too.

Very cool finds. Glad you can get out and dig!

Thanks, looks like you all got most of the snow the last two times. I think we are finally going to turn the corner and start warming up next week with every day forecast to be above freezing.

Nice to see that rifleman's button on there. You clean then and see and "I" most times or toasted. Good save and nice buckle!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back