MY FIRST EVER GOOD MD FINDS!!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm 15 years old, and starting detecting back in May. I was redetecting my back yard which my house was built in 1945, and I came across my first two finds. these were found last night.

1914 P Wheatie
1940 Nazi Germany 50 Reichspfennig

Today's finds were:

Old Pepsi Bottle Cap
1931 P Wheatie.

So happy. Using a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. I hope to find something really valuable so I can upgrade to a ACE 250 or something.

PICTURES WILL COME LATER TONIGHT WHEN I GET TIME TO GET THEM TAKEN. THANKS

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well lucky you! You did super on the hunt! Keep it coming, HH acman

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Your doing great! It adds up over time. Never know what could turn up.:o

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone. I really did not think I would EVER find a good coin. Or anything. I could care less what its worth, just to say im finding almost 100 and 80 year old coins.

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, I'm 28 and I also have a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. PLMK what sort of signal readings you get for certain metals... I'm doing my best but I'd love to compare notes... I have found that the TONE setting, with sensitivity and disc at half, gives me the best results :)

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Keep at it and you will turn up many more keepers!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
there will be much more to come! congrats on the cool German coin! we like pics!

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds! Congrats

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. You've broken the ice. More finds will come for sure!

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm 28 and I also have a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. PLMK what sort of signal readings you get for certain metals... I'm doing my best but I'd love to compare notes... I have found that the TONE setting, with sensitivity and disc at half, gives me the best results :)

I also have the bounty hunter and run at those same settings. i like the tone as well. As for the signals that needle barely jumps for anything if it does even a little bit!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, I have yet to find anything that good.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, keep up the good work, carful thow this hobbys addicting.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

I run mine on Tone, with Sensitivity 3/4 and DISC at 1/2. I don't mind digging a few extra pull tabs to get the good stuff

S

stefen

I'm 15 years old, and starting detecting back in May. I was redetecting my back yard which my house was built in 1945, and I came across my first two finds. these were found last night.

1914 P Wheatie
1940 Nazi Germany 50 Reichspfennig

Today's finds were:

Old Pepsi Bottle Cap
1931 P Wheatie.

So happy. Using a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. I hope to find something really valuable so I can upgrade to a ACE 250 or something.

PICTURES WILL COME LATER TONIGHT WHEN I GET TIME TO GET THEM TAKEN. THANKS

Been detecting since May have ya...
Boy, yur at the top of the game now...might want to consider retiring...
The Pepsi cap says it all....
Just funning ya....get a ACE 250 ASAP...
:occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Im working on it. I just sold an authenticated movie prop on eBay so im close to getting there :). I collect Antique Soda Items (coke and Pepsi) so its kinda cool to find the bottle caps. Now to start bottle digging.

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good going.....started off with a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 then moved up to Pioneer 202 ...now I have an Ace 250 and love it.....kind of miss my ole Bounty Hunters but my Ace is really good......if you ever get the money to upgrade...it is worth it.......keep up the good work....keep at it

Digs68

Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds! And right in your own yard is a bonus!!
I started out with a Pioneer 505. I found tons of change with it & even a gold ring. I upgraded to an AT Pro & couldn't believe the stuff I was missing! I'll bet the Ace 250 will work just fine!
Congrats!

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a deal with my wife that i wouldn't upgrade until i dug up a ring or proper peice of jewelery for her. I've kinda been kicking my self for it ever since but i think ive found enough change to buy the ace 250 if i wanted!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread