My first Fat Indian a toy badge and some wheats

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick post here before i head out for a day of hunting.

All this week my job has had me working evening shift. The good thing about it is, i get to take a couple hours a day for hunting.
The bad part is, i have not seen my wife for a week. Well, i see her sleeping when i get home and she notices someone in her bed when she wakes up in the morning.

Anyhow, on Wednesday i got lazy and decided to stay close to home for my detecting. I took an hour and walked across the street to a body of water that my neighborhood was built around. Its a pretty little pond/lake that the association keeps up.

All i can say is...those lead sinkers sure sound good!
FullSizeRender_3.jpg FullSizeRender_2.jpg

One of the last things i found was this badge. I believe its a toy badge but not sure of its age.
I know the water was here long before the neighborhood so your guess is as good as mine. I am thinking
50s or 60s?
FullSizeRender_5.jpg

Yesterday, i spent 4 hours at one of my permissions digging nothing but crappy signals. All the good sounding ones went away long ago.

My favorite find of the day was this Fatty Indian. When i dug it up, i didn't know what i had. I had already dug one Indian (1907) but this coin was thick like a nickel and even rang up like a nickel. The date is 1862, my oldest U.S. Coin to date.
FullSizeRender_4.jpg FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Now i have to figure out how to clean it without destroying it!

Finally, here is a picture my past two days of hunting.
FullSizeRender.jpg
A few clad, some fishing items, a pot metal pendent, and 5 wheat's dating from the early teens to 1944

HH everyone!

Upvote 17

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammoman, Congrats on a great haul and your badge is a legitimate peace officer's shield. Constables were officers of the court. Yours is a style used from the late 1800's up into the mid 1900's. Called a "circle star in a shield" style, yours is a generic badge with title only, no city or town mentioned. They were sold by catalog or traveling drummers circa 1900, for about $2.00 apiece! Cheers, Sub 8-)

th

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds. I dug a really toasty IHP the other day that rang up as a pulltab, Iโ€™m pretty sure it is a fatty as well.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job finding a place close to home nice finds

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! The Constable badge is really cool and I'd love to find an old LE badge.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammoman, Congrats on a great haul and your badge is a legitimate peace officer's shield. Constables were officers of the court. Yours is a style used from the late 1800's up into the mid 1900's. Called a "circle star in a shield" style, yours is a generic badge with title only, no city or town mentioned. They were sold by catalog or traveling drummers circa 1900, for about $2.00 apiece! Cheers, Sub 8-)

th

Now thats what i call a surprise! Never ever did i think this was a real badge of any sort.
I suspect their is more out by the lake because my son and i did a quick run of it back a few years ago. That day, my son found an Item that dated back to the 1800's.

Once again, thank you so much for a great ID!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! The Constable badge is really cool and I'd love to find an old LE badge.

An LE badge is super high on my list!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread