my first find

dlvasil

Jan 10, 2007
ravenna, ohio
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250
this is not treasure as one might think but, then again one man's junk is another man's treasure as they say...while waiting for my 250 to arrive i have been taking the advise of danimal and doing some research. well, i was at he historical society in my town and an old man who was there showed me their collections of maps and relics from the early days of our county and i mentioned how i would love to get my hands on an old atlas and low and behold he said if you would like, you can have this one from my collection...i am now holding an 1874 atlas!!the maps and sketches are simply the coolest thing i have ever seen. he would not take anything for it but asked that if i find anything of historical significance that i consider donating it to the historical society

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
WOW, That is Great!!! That was very nice of him and I hope that you find something for him to fill the spot in the collection!

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
WELCOME to the TNet Forum Dlvasil! :)

Love your story! What an amazing thing for that ol' timer to do! He obviously seen the excitement in you, about all this neat old stuff. Oldtimers can recognize what we call the "spark" in a person, pretty quick. Now that the old fella's spark is starting to fade, he knows that he has used it to help kindle yours. You know, that you ARE going to find, at least some very neat old relics, like Stormtrooper said, because of this fine gentleman's generousity. 8) It will be very kool when you add your contributions to the HS collection like the ol' timer was doing. ;) Did you get his name or do you know where he lives or works? Most of these types of caring folks, don't like to take anything, up front, for their kindness and sharing in life. However, if you could send say, a heartfelt, Thank You card ,to where he is, he would, I know, LOVE it! :) :)

Hope to see more of your posts in here when you get your new Ace outta the box and test it right there, with a few simple air-tests on different metal objects. Believe me, you can learn much about a new machine by conducting a few indoor metal detecting and
identifying, tests. ;) All I've heard about the 250 so far, has been real good. Great choice in machines, dlvasil! 8)

later,

LarryB

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was nice of him! That could pay off for you and him both. Very good choice of detector, I like mine a bunch!!

HH,
Ramapirate

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
That Atlas would be great to see.

What a Super find !!!!!!!!!!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread