Dec 30, 2006
Michigan, U.S.A.
Upvote 0

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Hi Leep, It's not "only" 11 cents- well a little less with the Canadian discounted. It's your first finds and that's great, had they been a 100 years older they'd a made the same sound. Keep em' and mark em' first finds and hope you many, many, more.

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Anyone remember the Little rascals episode with " Learn that poem.........Learn that poem. Learn your detector. Once you understand the machine and what it's telling you, your finds will increase. Keep at it. Welcome to the forums and good luck in 2007.
Cya,Mike in NJ

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only $432.89 and you have paid for your detector! :o Welcome to the forum and stick around and learn something as well as "meeting" a bunch of swell people. Monty

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
The good stuff WILL come in. Keep digging, it makes for practice. Now post a pic of those first finds for some more good luck! :) Congrats and welcome.

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
good job, its a start and youre on your way....it can take quite a bit of time to really get a feel for what your detector is telling you. (besides the obvious stuff) the really cool finds will probably come down the road a bit as you search more and more. is it an old lake? any spot where people congregate, their gonna lose stuff. i wouldnt turn my nose up at any site. give any spot a shot. course if you know its an old and well used area, your odds go up.

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
Hey Leep

just a hint for you, slow down and cover small area's at all angles, don't try to cover the whole park in a day. believe me this is my first year out, check my year end post, it only gets better. we all still get skunked some days but once you have detecting disease your hooked...Its way too much fun..
Good luck H.H. TnT.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on your first finds. This is kinda of a strange and great hobby. Some days you don't find anything and some days you hit the jackpot. Keep at it, I know you will be showing us some great finds.

I have a small suggestion, you might want to make sure you ask for permission to hunt that State Park site. Some State Parks are kinda funny, they want you to have a permit to hunt there sites. Some don't want you hunting at all. To be safe, go to the park rangers office and ask about there regulations on hunting in there parks.

I know where I live, you can hunt the beaches and in the water at swim area's. But you need a permit. Good luck!

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread