shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I purchased an Ace 350 and received it yesterday but with only 15 minutes to work. I went out side my front door and started working 3 swings later and I had a sweet bell sound with the detector showing deep and a coin. I dug, searched with my pinpointer and nothing. Grrr. My Ace said it was still in the hole. Deeper I went and at 9 inches I uncovered an Crushed aluminum beer can. Today I had only an hour, we were having company over and I had a turkey dinner to make. I went to the jungle gym where I dug a modern quarter and a penny (2002). Amazing how these coins deteriorate in the ground.

Tomorrow I have a full day. I will let you know

Thanks for reading

Samantha

Upvote 15

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your 350 is both a coin magnet, and an environmental clean-up tool....HH! and good luck with your new passion!

OP
OP
shoague

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks and it is a passion.

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Job, Samantha for your first finds......, jungle gyms, tot lots, playground areas, around baseball parks & soccer fields, campgrounds, fairgrounds and old yards are some of the best places to find old and new recent drops.......Welcome to Tnet.....and GOOD LUCK in the 2015 New Year. This will be my 44th year of metal detecting.....and Yes, I went out today for about 2-3 hours and found 15 clad quarters, 8 clad dimes, 16 cents, and a nice bronze medal that cleaned up good....
001.JPG 002.JPG
found at a Georgia High School.

Happy Hunting to Everyone.....and hope you ALL have a very Happy 2015 New Year.

Bill

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum and the most thrilling, frustrating hobby in the world! Good luck to you on your hunts and Happy New Year!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T Net! Congrats on your first finds!
The more you detect the more you learn what Your detector is telling you and the more finds you make!
Welcome to our obsession...er...hobby! :laughing7:

OP
OP
shoague

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all of you

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Shoague,

Welcome to the forum!

The ACE 350 is an excellent machine.

Happy Hunting!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy New Year!

Welcome to T-Net and also this fun hobby. Looking forward to your first post where you're puffing out your chest and feeling all giddy with your find.

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with the Ace 350. I started with one myself about 2 1/2 years ago. It is a great machine. Set it in jewelry mode with the sensitivity down 2 to 3 notches and dig everything until you learn what it is telling you. I made many great finds with that machine. I now search with the AT Pro.

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on starting one of the most rewarding hobbies out there. Just remember not to get discouraged and sweep low and slow the rewards are waiting for you. Welcome to T-net!! HH and GL

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to your addiction.

OP
OP
shoague

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I want to thanks you all for the great welcome. So Today!!

I went to the beach (freshwater) by my house and to my surprise (smile) the sand was as hard as a rock. I still found a modern sinker though. Decided to go back to the house where I live and give a good sweep to the toy lot. I was there for 2 hours and found a 65 quarter, 85 roosevelt, 2 real Lincolns and one modern (blahh). One aluminum cup (9 inches). Some aluminum cans. My settings were relic with sensitivity down 2 and the lower 3 irons off and then switched to coin with the sensitivity up one from factory. The coin setting worked best when I listened for the bell. I always found a coin then.

Yehaw what a learning day

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing to do that can help eliminate some soda can finds is to lift your coil up and if it still sounding off as you go up it is a big item. Coins will disappear as you lift upwards. Just inches up and you will see what I mean after you do it a few times, but until you are confident, just dig it all.

OP
OP
shoague

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I'll try that. I am digging it all,

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those modern pennies (those produced after 1982) are made of zinc with a thin copper plating. When these new pennies enter mineral-rich environments like dirt or salty water the zinc reacts and the penny will literally decompose from the inside out. Given a few years in the environment they may become almost unrecognizable. Larger denomination coins and older pennies don't have this problem nearly as bad. You will be able to find copper and nickle coins that are sometimes many decades old - sometimes even over one hundred years old that show very little wear, albeit some may be a tarnished in color. Luckily most valuable coins 100 years ago weren't made of copper, nickle, or zinc - they were mostly all made of silver or gold. Silver can literally last thousands of years in the ground without wasting away. Gold on the other hand is practically eternal - it will never ever deteriorate, this is why gold constitutes the vast majority of our knowledge of the most ancient of civilizations - because gold just doesn't decompose. I hope you find lots of gold one day. Welcome to Treasurnet, and to the greatest hobby on Earth! :D :treasurechest: :headbang:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your new hobby. Its the best one there is.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net! Yes, the most addictive and rewarding hobby on the planet! Looking forward to your finds!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:icon_thumright: You're off to a good start! :icon_thumright: If the ground in your area gets too frozen to dig, some have had success by detecting in woodsy areas where I guess thick leaves & such keep the ground from freezing as quickly. But only do that in a safe woods! Our ground here on coast doesn't freeze but we have a lot of detecting competition on our beaches, boo-hoo. I still have fun every time I go out though.
:occasion18::blob9::occasion18: Have Fun & enjoy the groovy finds you'll dig in 2015! :cat: Andi

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet :hello: and congrats on your first finds! My first find many years ago was a clad dime and I've kept it framed in a special coin 'flip' to this day. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread